Comcast Staff Accountant in Wilmington, Delaware
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for assisting the Accounting Senior Manager and Supervisor with the financial close activities associated with investments and intercompany activity. This position's primary responsibilities include the preparation of monthly journal entries and account reconciliations related to investments. Additionally, this position will be responsible for the accounting and maintenance of certain Delaware Holding Companies (DHCs) ledgers.
- Process accounts payable for two separate entities. Maintain accounts payable records and assist in 1099 reporting.
-Assist in the accounting for intercompany note portfolio.
-Prepare and enter monthly/quarterly journal entries in Oracle to record investment activity, including investment purchases, sales, and mark to market adjustments.
-Prepare quarterly investment schedules, which summarize investment activity. Reconcile investment activity to supporting documentation and general ledger balances. Assist Supervisor and Senior Manager with the preparation of quarterly investment memos.
-Assist with the preparation of the quarterly forecast, long range plan, and budget for other income and expense activity.
-Prepare account reconciliations on a monthly basis and assist in preparing the annual operating budget for Comcast Capital.
-Analyze and reconcile intercompany note activity on a weekly basis
-Prepare and enter monthly/quarterly journal entries in Oracle to record intercompany activity, including intercompany borrowings, repayments, interest accruals, interest payments and compounding of interest
-Reconcile bank accounts related to intercompany transactions
-Enter quarterly and bi-annual interest payments and quarterly tax payments into Treasury software
-Prepare quarterly analysis of intercompany note portfolio for the tax department
-Assist the paralegal in the drafting of new or amended intercompany notes
-Prepare quarterly account analyses and the related quarterly investment and tax reporting packages delivered to internal clients.
-Maintain ledgers for various Delaware Holding Companies.
-Facilitate and interact with all levels of management from various departments.
-Assist with both internal and external auditor requests.
-Additional duties and projects as assigned.
Core Responsibilities :
- Interprets accounting data, analyzes reports and recommends action tobe taken.
- Prepares difficult journal entries, maintains complex ledgers, reconciles and analyzes specific cost account ledgers. Assists in the development and installation of accounting systems, cost accounting methods, procedures and controls.
- Establishes and maintains property accounting records. Reviews the preparation of various financial statements, records and reports compiled by lower level accounting support personnel.
- Prepares financial reports analyzing data for management review.
- Calculates payments to regulatory authorities based on a review of contracts and regulations.
- Ensures the balance sheet accounts are accurately stated based on compiled reconciliation procedures and agreement with source documents.
- Enters monthly journal entries to properly record accounting transactions, ensuring that journal entries have proper back up to substantiate the entry.
- Reviews financial statements for operating trends and results.
- Develops automated Oracle routines such as mass allocations and re-occurring journal entries.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Accounting, Finance
- Generally requires 2-5 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer