Comcast Sr. Director Engineering in West Palm Beach, Florida
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for the implementation of the enterprise-wide technical vision and direction of the Engineering department. Implements business standards, goals, strategies, and objectives (within assigned areas) that are competitive with industry standards and strives to arrive at those goals. Monitors and assists in creating annual and quarterly budgets. Develops and leads a team of dynamic engineering staff and assures work performance is in adherence to company and industry standards. Acts as a technical resource to management across the department and lateral departments. Provides leadership and direction for diverse and complex functions. Contributes to the development of the organization's business strategy. Interprets business strategy and develops organizational objectives to align with this strategy. Typically manages multiple teams of professionals.
- Manages the performance, project activity, and 24/7/365 operations of the headend and hub network in the Florida region
- Lead four area directors to ensure headend network reliability for customer experience excellence
- Plans and maintains approved levels of network capacity in conjunction with Central Division Engineering
- Manages the Florida region Metro E and node split engineering teams
- Assists in creating quarterly and annual budget and monitors and approves all expenditures and capital projects associated with the Engineering department.
- Plans and facilitates activities related to the preparation of capital and operating budgets and forecasts of operations
- Communicates department strategies and objectives effectively within the department and across the organization. Delegates responsibilities and oversees operations to ensure strategies and objectives are being met in an organized and timely fashion.
- Monitors overall work processes and standard procedures to ensure performance is to company and industry standards. Stays knowledgeable of competition and important emerging technologies and standards.
- Establishes and develops staff through ongoing training programs, operational procedures, communication skills, policies, technical skills, etc..
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Master's Degree or Equivalent
- Engineering, Computer Science
- Generally requires 12 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer