Comcast Technical Business Analyst in Wayne, Pennsylvania
Comcast Spotlight, the advertising sales division of Comcast Cable, helps put the power of cable to use for local, regional and national advertisers. It is focused on providing multi-platform marketing solutions to reach audiences most effectively and efficiently. Headquartered in New York with offices throughout the country, Comcast Spotlight has a presence in nearly 80 markets with approximately 35 million owned and represented subscribers.
Comcast Spotlight offers clients easy-to-buy, easy-to-execute options customized around their business goals. We work with clients to provide them with customized, multi-screen media marketing solutions that utilize our suite of products in the way that's best suited to meet their objectives. Our media solutions provide advertisers with the ability to reach, engage and connect with their customers viewing content on any device or screen.
Technical Business Analyst 3-Software Development & Engineering
Responsible for formulating and defining systems and objectives through research and analysis of functional/business needs of applicable provisioning and support systems. Participates in software/hardware releases, installation tasks, and supports implementation planning and other operational preparations. Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex systems problems. Has in-depth experience, knowledge and skills in own discipline.
- Analyzes and revises existing system logic difficulties and documentation as necessary.
- Works with Software Developers to support design and development as required
- Prepares detailed functional and technical specifications from which programs will be written.
- Interacts with end users to gather requirements and scope of effort. Performs analysis of user needs, documentation of requirements, and translation into proper system requirement specifications.
- Identifies and assesses probable interactions of related systems and predicts impact of a change in assigned system.
- Maintains a strong working knowledge of system interaction to ensure success in overall architectural solution.
- Functions as a liaison between the client, community, and internal Software Engineers and/or external software vendors to develop system solutions to processing systems or business problems.
- Ensures data quality and integrity across data-specific application implementations.
- Supports the testing team and business users in validating that the programs meet the requirements. Participates in unit, integration, and test procedures.
- Compares test results against requirements to validate that coding is accurate.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance.
- Proficient in Microsoft office Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Word, Outlook
- Strong data analysis skills
- Experience working with Big Data/Hadoop
- Strong ability to adapt information found through analysis of data to various target audience groups, from High Level Leadership to Front Line Employees.
- Ability to effectively build rapport with several cross functional groups within the organization.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Possesses good listening skills.
- Knowledge of general business operations
- Self-Motivated with the ability to work with limited supervision.
- Strong ability to be flexible and adaptable to various changes in day to day operations and based on business needs.
- Creative and Innovative
- Strong demonstration of confidentiality
Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
Field of Study- Information Sciences, Technology
Years of Experience- Generally requires 5 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer