Comcast Supervisor, Systems Administration in Wayne, Pennsylvania
Comcast Spotlight, the advertising sales division of Comcast Cable, helps put the power of cable to use for local, regional and national advertisers. It is focused on providing multi-platform marketing solutions to reach audiences most effectively and efficiently. Headquartered in New York with offices throughout the country, Comcast Spotlight has a presence in nearly 80 markets with approximately 35 million owned and represented subscribers.
Comcast Spotlight offers clients easy-to-buy, easy-to-execute options customized around their business goals. We work with clients to provide them with customized, multi-screen media marketing solutions that utilize our suite of products in the way that's best suited to meet their objectives. Our media solutions provide advertisers with the ability to reach, engage and connect with their customers viewing content on any device or screen.
Responsible for providing efficient and reliable computer facilities and
services. Oversees and controls the daily activities of systems
administration personnel. Schedules personnel, ensures data integrity
and system performance, and implements data changes. Acts as technical
specialist within own area. May serve as team leader, but does not
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how
you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our
customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint,
and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our
game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital
tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being
open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that
brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining
huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do
better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our
- Enforces and documents backup and restore procedures, reviews and
documents systems and application changes, and works to eliminate
hardware failures. Analyzes operational problems and works to minimize
service disruption and avoid unscheduled downtime.
- Maintains hardware and operating software with regard to new
installations. Reviews and makes recommendations regarding computer
- Operates and maintains the computer systems, day-to-day operation of
the division's problem/change control system, and provides hardware and
software maintenance services.
- Participates in the evaluation, planning, and acquisition of new
hardware and software and provides accurate specifications and cost
analysis for budgeting and operational purposes.
- Coaches and mentors. Networks inside and outside the organization.
- Uses information to solve business problems; identifies opportunities
for innovation, recognizes problem areas and implements solutions.
Selects critical information from masses of data; understands the
business uses of technology and the organization's business model.
- Helps frame business need for tech staff and tech need for business
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Information Sciences, Technology, Computer Science
- Generally requires 4-7 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer