Comcast Supervisor - .Net Software Development & Engineering in Wayne, Pennsylvania
Spotlight Platform Engineering Group helps drive the new generation of products that are transforming Comcast into a media and technology company. Engineering manages the operations for Comcast's industry-leading video, high-speed Internet and voice services for consumers and businesses, and runs a network that supports numerous multi-billion dollar businesses. Comcast is creating next-generation technology for the fast-growing advanced advertising market. We enable and innovate solutions to support both traditional and emerging programmatic and premium advertising markets through our platforms, data, marketplace and sales channels.
Supervisor-.Net Software Development & Engineering
- Responsible for supervising and coordinating the planning and designing of .Net software and web applications.
- Supervises the successful implementation of new applications and the delivery of software
enhancements and modifications.
- Collaborates with Quality Assurance team to conduct testing.
- Customarily and regularly directs the work of at least two or more other full-time employees or their equivalent.
- Experience with Big Data / Hadoop a plus
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
- Leads the planning and designing of software and web applications, including new programs, enhancements, and modifications.
- Organizes training for support representatives and operations staff on internally developed software applications.
- Collaborates with product team and other project stakeholders to identify requirements and specifications and incorporates requirements into project objectives.
- Conducts research for product development and provides in-depth analysis for integration needs and overall project direction.
- Coordinates implementation initiatives for new software products/applications.
- Manages software update process for existing applications and coordinates the roll-out of software releases.
- Tracks and evaluates performance metrics. Generates and prepares periodic reports for leadership team review. Monitors and tracks project progress.
- Maintains comprehensive project documentation including evaluation plans, test results, technical manuals, and formal recommendations and reports.
- Ensures all engineers keep current with technological developments within the industry.
- Monitors and evaluates competitive applications and products.
- Reviews literature, patents, and current practices relevant to the solution of assigned projects.
- Provides technical leadership and consultation with regards to practices, procedures, and techniques.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance..
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Engineering, Computer Science
- Generally requires 4-7 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer