Comcast Sr Manager, Enterprise Systems Engineer in Wayne, Pennsylvania
Comcast Spotlight, the advertising sales division of Comcast Cable, helps put the power of cable to use for local, regional and national advertisers. It is focused on providing multi-platform marketing solutions to reach audiences most effectively and efficiently. Headquartered in New York with offices throughout the country, Comcast Spotlight has a presence in nearly 80 markets with approximately 35 million owned and represented subscribers.
Comcast Spotlight offers clients easy-to-buy, easy-to-execute options customized around their business goals. We work with clients to provide them with customized, multi-screen media marketing solutions that utilize our suite of products in the way that's best suited to meet their objectives. Our media solutions provide advertisers with the ability to reach, engage and connect with their customers viewing content on any device or screen.
Responsible for directly managing all aspects of database administration including scheduling work, training staff, hardware/software evaluation
and installation, logical and physical database design and implementation, structured testing of database designs, security
administration, backup and recovery planning, performance and tuning, research and evaluation of new tools and techniques, and development of
policies, standards and procedures.
- Collaborates with the development and testing teams and supports the activities of Principle Engineers,
- Developers and software testers for new application deployment and sustained engineering of existing applications.
- Ensures the implementation and support of development systems, QA systems, and production systems at data centers, including all network and
systems-related infrastructure components.
- Develops financial and operational objectives. Ensures operational plans are aligned with business objectives.
- Contributes to functional strategy development.
- Has a greater degree of impact on business results, and typically manages one or more groups of professional employees.
- Oversees the development and implementing of databases that address current and future business needs. Ensures the maintenance of hardware
platforms to perform at optimum response, capacity planning, and implementation of new databases due to conversions.
- Manages and tests backup and recovery plans and improves disaster recovery plans.
- Oversees the database administration function, and ensures smooth transition to new technology.
- Communicates and understands impact of database changes and status to affected parties and designs appropriate solutions. Provides updates in
database technologies and trends.
- Manages the development database technology standards and associated documentation.
- Trains staff on policies and procedures and ensures database adherence to security standards.
- Uses SQL to write advanced reports, stored procedures for product and database performance.
- Analyzes and performance tunes any SQL written by others using advanced techniques.
- Combines shell/batch programming and SQL programming to produce reports and monitor databases.
- Automates complex tasks across many databases and/or hosts.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Leads and manages a team of individuals, some in remote locations.
- Experience with software deployment and automation.
- Experience managing complex system deployments and system documentation.
- Works toward becoming fluent and knowledgeable of key business workflow processes to better understand impact on systems.
- Manage competing priorities of multiple projects, tasks and people quickly and efficiently.
- Works effectively with customers to establish clear expectations and priorities.
- Works with vendors and internal resources to continually identify areas for performance enhancement.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Information Sciences, Technology, Computer Science
- Generally requires 8-11 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer