Comcast Cyber Security Analyst in Wayne, Pennsylvania
Comcast Spotlight, the advertising sales division of Comcast Cable, helps put the power of cable to use for local, regional and national advertisers. It is focused on providing multi-platform marketing solutions to reach audiences most effectively and efficiently. Headquartered in New York with offices throughout the country, Comcast Spotlight has a presence in nearly 80 markets with approximately 35 million owned and represented subscribers.
Comcast Spotlight offers clients easy-to-buy, easy-to-execute options customized around their business goals. We work with clients to provide them with customized, multi-screen media marketing solutions that utilize our suite of products in the way that's best suited to meet their objectives. Our media solutions provide advertisers with the ability to reach, engage and connect with their customers viewing content on any device or screen.
Responsible for building, managing, operating, and continuously improving Systems, Storage, Database, and/or Tools Infrastructure that support Comcast's customer facing applications, back office, and provisioning infrastructure in a 24/7 environment. Focuses on architecting, building, deploying, and stabilizing code, services, systems, and tools. Drives standardization and service focused instrumentation. Provides subject matter expertise. Resolves break/fix scenarios, engaging broader teams as necessary; and partnering/leading vendors and regions to achieve continuous improvement. Contributes to command and control related activities focused on restoration of complex outages, communication across Comcast, and rapid restoration. Works and directly leads external vendors, third parties, and associated agencies when necessary to address issues across the infrastructure. May participate on 24/7 on-call rotation. Has in-depth experience, knowledge and skills in own discipline. Usually determines own work priorities. Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
- Develops solutions for difficult-to-complex systems engineering problems, often without sufficient documentation readily available, and does so in a timely manner. Creates systems engineering documentation to be used by others to build and maintain systems.
- Operating Systems & Disk Management responsibilities (If applicable): Analyzes log files for errors and takes corrective action. Applies Comcast security and patch policies to hosts. Proficient with at least two of Linux, Windows Server, HP-UX, Solaris, AIX. Troubleshoots operating system and application issues. Monitors and is responsible for performance and tuning of servers; applies policy for system security, software package, and patch management. Sets up logical volumes and RAID sets.
- Database Platform Management responsibilities (if applicable): Applies expert understanding of database concepts, availability, performance, usage and configuration. Repairs damaged databases. Sets up and troubleshoots complex standard replication. Understands all aspects of database platform. Performance tunes database software interactions with OS. Conducts comprehensive DBMS and OS performance and capacity monitoring, tuning, and analysis. Works on complex DBMS problems and provides solutions which are highly innovative. Develops detailed logical and physical design solutions through understanding of business and technology strategies; roadmaps in line with company policies andarchitectural standards
- Storage and Backup responsibilities (if applicable): Performs backups, recoveries, and restores. Understands SAN/HBA software interaction with OS. Sets up and troubleshoots standard storage functions. Understands storage allocation impact on system performance. Conducts comprehensive performance and capacity monitoring, tuning, and analysis.
- Scripting and Development responsibilities (if applicable): Develops software in 1-2 modern languages. Creates small-to-medium sized scripts (based on clear requirements and existing architecture/design) to automate common system/application functions such as monitoring, data analysis, or software deployment.
- Networking responsibilities (if applicable): Installs and configures application software on servers following prescribed instructions. Understands basic layer-4/7 switch functionality and can help troubleshoot problems. Uses knowledge of networking and TCP/IP filtering to facilitate firewall and ACL requests. Correlatea application-layer metrics and network device metrics, such as throughput, response time, congestion, dropped messages, queue depth measurement, and lost data.
- Application Technologies (Web Servers, J2EE, Applications Servers) responsibilities (if applicable): Intimately familiar with Apache/Tomcat or BEA Weblogic and related technologies. Implements, maintains, scales and troubleshoots large systems with a high level of skill. Acts as authority on troubleshooting most application platforms and systems; acts as a resource to others in the areas of tracing, debugging, and data analysis. Fully capable of acting as architect of owned systems.Familiar with client SSL certificates and their use.
- Leads issue resolution activities, using knowledge of complex systems. Takes knowledge learned and applies to current systems, to prevent future occurrences.
- Possesses full understanding of how changes will adversely impact the subsystem and all of the products that use that subsystem. Monitors system health and quality on a daily basis and provides appropriate action. Collaborates with the Service desk/NOC to ensure full understanding of the alarms and remediation steps. Independently sets up metrics collections, advanced logging/filters.
- Utilizes time management and project management skills to resolve issues in a timely and organized manner, effectively communicating necessary information.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Engineering, Computer Science
- Generally requires 5-7 years related experience
Additional Desired Qualifications:
- Experience with vulnerability management, mitigation and remediation programs
- Knowledge of general information security, and cyber security best practices a plus
- Familiarity with security technologies and tools (e.g. End point protection, DLP, Authentication & Access management)
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer