Comcast Senior Java Developer in Washington, District Of Columbia
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
As a software engineer, you will work on specific projects critical to Comcast's entertainment information, discovery needs. Our software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that provide pathways for how millions of users explore and interact with video content.We are looking for engineers, who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software.
Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables. Minimum qualifications:
BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience.
- Software development experience in one or more general purpose programming languages.
- Experience working with two or more from the following: developing large software systems, web services,machine learning, information retrieval.
Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English. Preferred qualifications:
Master's, PhD degree, further education or experience in engineering, computer science or other technical related field.
- Experience with one or more general purpose programming languages including but not limited to: Java, Scala, and Go.
- Experience developing accessible technologies.
- Interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer