Comcast Scientist, Enterprise & Data Analytics in Washington, District Of Columbia
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for leveraging internal and external data to provide
insights and information which supports a facts-based decision making
process. Provides input into strategy, analysis methods, and tool
selection. Acts as a key contributor in a complex and crucial
environment. May lead teams or projects and shares expertise.
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how
you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our
customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint,
and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our
game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital
tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being
open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that
brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining
huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do
better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our
- Lead a small group of less experienced team members on analytical
projects or on cross-functional teams. Frequently serves as team lead on
multiple projects, mentor and train junior team members.
- Review and approve methodologies used for advanced analysis projects
(predictive models, clustering/segmentation, etc.) by junior team
members and others
- Leads complex projects using wide breadth of data sciences and
- Manages the review, revision and maintenance of existing internal
procedures to ensure quality and efficiency.
- Determine appropriate methods, prove viability of selected method and
educate internal teams as to the analytical foundation.
- Uses analytical rigor and statistical methods to analyze large amounts
of data, extracting actionable insights using advanced statistical
techniques such as data analysis, data mining, optimization tools, and
machine learning techniques and statistics (e.g., predictive models,
LTV, propensity models).
- Leads large scale projects that utilize online & offline data,
structured & unstructured data, set top box data
(media/behavioral/attitudinal) to build customer centric models and
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Master's Degree
- Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Decision Science, Operational
Research, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- Generally requires 7-11 years related experience.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer