Comcast Sr. Director, Labor Relations in Trevose, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for managing, developing and directing implementation of plans,policies, and programs affecting the organization's relations with its employees and organized employees and their representatives. Monitors and manages all employee and labor relations, contract negotiations and the administration of attendance and control programs, and compliance functions. Directs all personnel and processes with regard to Employee and Labor Relations. Designs and implements programs, policies, and practices to ensure that the Company is in compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws Provides leadership and direction for proactive and strategic employee relations. Contributes to the development of the organization's business strategy. Interprets business strategy and develops organizational objectives to align with this strategy.
Typically manages multiple teams of professionals.
- Provide employee relations and labor relationssupport, guidance and direction to the
Human Resources organization and business leaders, with a particular
emphasis on the administration of policies and compliance programs.
- Monitors legal developments to ensure compliance with federal, state and local, policies, rules, regulations and laws; stays abreast of legal, regulatory and policy developments affecting areas of
responsibility; enforces legal and regulatory requirements impartially.
- Develop, update, and audit the consistent application of employment
policies and procedures across all business units.
- Oversees the development of strategies, statistics, survey data and
Company position statements for union negotiation preparation.
- Design and conduct regulatory and compliance trainings.
- Collaborate with HR Leaders, Business Leaders, and Comcast's Legal
Department to develop and implement strategic employee relations
initiatives that reduce the risk of litigation and improve employee
engagement, turnover, and the work environment.
- Collaborates with leadership team to lead management's position on a
wide variety of issues before and during negotiations; provides advice
and guidance to management on administration of memorandums of agreements and letters of understanding, disciplinary process, and other employee and labor relations matters.
- Oversee investigations to ensure that they are properly conducted, documented and resolved.
-Responsible for the design, development and implementation of programs designed to foster a diverse workforce, cultivate inclusive leadership and enhance employee engagement.
-Provides strategic direction and oversight of Regional Employee Resource Groups.
- Monitors collection, organization, analysis, and evaluation of
prepared reports; develops and presents conclusions and recommendations.
- Analyze workforce metrics to make recommendations on policy and
process improvements to foster a more productive workforce.
- Provide project support from an employee relations and compliance
perspective on corporate initiatives.
- Assists with budget preparation and monitors expenditures; develops
appropriate resources and safeguards; procures and distributes material
economically and efficiently.
- Oversees the preparation for emergencies; anticipates events;
understands the factors and conditions affecting the organization and
responds appropriately when these change.
- Assists in analysis and costing of Company and union negotiations
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
- Generally requires 12 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer