Comcast Technician, Network Engineering in Tigard, Oregon
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Military Experience Welcome!!
Benefits for New Hires start Day 1.
Responsible for performing advanced preventive maintenance and upgrades to critical facility power systems. This includes DC battery systems and rectification, AC power systems, generators and associated alarm systems.
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
-Build, maintain and monitor critical facility power systems for the region.
-Document and track battery replacements, fuel deliveries, maintain databases and monitor contractor work.
-Support region needs for DC power wiring, tracking current load and performing audits of power systems.
-Primary regional lead for all preventive maintenance on critical power systems.
-Supports regional needs for HVAC maintenance.
- Performs advanced network and OTN maintenance to include: System configuration and interconnects, forward and reverse combining network management, modulation and Forward Error Correction (FEC) techniques, A/D conversion techniques, encoders, MPEG compression, baseband fault isolation, down conversion and receiver theory, controllers, servers, and commercial insertion.
- Assists with the maintenance and configuration of network devices, hubs, switches and routers.
- Prepares LMC notifications, forms and outage tickets for work being performed in maintenance windows.
- Tests and maintains optical rings, add drop multiplexes and DC power systems.
- Installs and maintains all CDV, CMTS, and CRAN equipment located within the Network Engineering Department.
- Supports local installation and maintenance of facilities and transport systems.
- Understands customer devices (CPE configuration, gateways/routers, VoIP and video communication units).
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education Level: High School or Equivalent
Years Experience: Generally requires 0-2 years related experience
-Strong understanding of electrical theory
-Willing to work in a 24/7 on-call environment
-Ability to travel to multiple sites within the region
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer