Comcast Director, Technical Operations in Spokane, Washington
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for providing both strategic direction and day-to-day management of field operations including all technical aspects of field operations and programs. Works cross-functionally and collaborates closely with other senior functional leaders to ensure achievement of targeted objectives. Provides direct leadership and direction for the field operations team as well as leadership oversight for multiple functional areas in the market.
Acting as the senior leader for the Spokane system, the incumbent will directly manage the fulfillment function, with indirect influence of network maintenance, facilities, vehicles, government and community affairs, and both residential and commercial sales and customer relations. The successful candidate will have a background and/or working knowledge in Fulfillment, Head Ends, Network, and representing a company in high visibility internal and external engagements and negotiations. You will be the face of Comcast in the local communities.
- Directs the successful execution of the field workforce function to include dispatching of work, routing of work, disposition of work, building of quota, quota adherence, and all field support activities (call handling, job updates, tech support, text/chat handling, pre/post calling), ticketing, ticket tracking and handling, escalations, field communications, reporting, and automation tool and handheld support.
- Tracks and reports on key trends in workforce management such as missed/late appointments, technician support response time, work order statuses, job routing, technician productivity, dispatcher productivity, and tool utilization success rate.
- Builds Workforce Planners that ensure the appropriate level of dispatch resources needed to support the field Technicians.
- Develops and refines the management strategy for the department. Ensures consistent and effective practices and procedures.
- Compiles explanations and action plans for monthly metric review.
- Assists Area teams with contractor performance and capacity planning.
- Develops and implements business strategies across the Technical Operations organization to meet established service metrics and quality assurance goals. Responsible for end-to-end network performance for homes passed and all service delivery and fulfil
- Establishes and monitors clearly defined key performance indicators (productivity, quality, sales, service rates, etc.) for all Technical Operations personnel to support best in class customer service. Develops and implements strategies to achieve all network, service, new subscriber, and financial goals.
- Assures network performance/service level compliance and reporting with federal, state, and local requirements including annual FCC proof of performance and signal leakage.
- Leads, directs, and motivates a team comprised of management, exempt, and non-exempt employees.
- Participates in the hiring, training, and development of the Technical Operations staff to ensure that personnel development and company financial goals are achieved.
- Partners with Learning and Development to maintain a continuous learning environment for employee skill development and career growth.
- Manages the finances of the Technical Operations team, including operating expenses, capital budget, forecasting, and strategic planning for the department.
- Develops and maintains strategic partnerships with cross-functional organizations to ensure effective implementation of methods and procedures as well as to identify expedient and comprehensive solutions to customer-impacting issues.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Generally requires 10 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer