Comcast VP, Product Sales in Seattle, Washington
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Comcast Technology Solutions is looking for a senior sales leader able to drive all sales engagement across the video technology space in the Americas. Customers are broadcast groups such as Fox and NBC, cable programmers like Scripps and Discovery, publishers, sports organizations, and technology providers. This leader will own bookings growth and set the culture, focus, discipline and productivity of the Americas Sales organization. They will be a member of the Comcast Technology Solutions Video Platform executive team.
He/She will partner with Marketing, Product Management, and the Professional Service organization to acquire, maintain and grow customer relationships. This is an organization that is focused on value based, reoccurring revenue solution sales leveraging the technology and platform expertise that Comcast owns and operates. This leader will lead a team of about 30 professionals across the direct sales, channel sales, sales engineering and sales ops functions.
- Develop, lead and motivate the America sales, pre-sales system engineering and sales operations teams.
- Provide daily guidance and support to ensure the success of the team.
- Responsible for tracking and executing on the quarterly bookings targets for the business.
- Develop and implement a performance structure that drives positive behavior and meets business and operating goals.
- Set and ensure compliance with the proper sales processes across this business.
- Assess business opportunities with the team and facilitate the development of winning sales strategies specific to critical accounts/opportunities.
- Collaborate on strategy development for the business supporting near term and long term goals.
- Be a strong partner in the inner circle of the executive team.
- Recognized leader in the media and broadcasting space. Noted for bringing new innovations to market, expertise across broadcast on OTT and deep customer relationships.
- Build and run solutions-oriented sales teams that deepen relationships with customers, in a multi-product environment
- Track record of hiring and developing talent. Able to set focus, culture and discipline
- Expertise in identifying, scoping, proposing and closing multi-million dollar opportunities
- Highly collaborative, team player putting business goals ahead of individual or direct team
- Breadth and depth of contacts and relationships at senior levels, across the broadcasting and media landscape
- Strong network of proven direct sales candidates with a book of business in the target segments
Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
Generally requires 15 years related experience with 5 years of industry related experience at the leadership level
- BS in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field
- Advanced degree desirable
Flexible, with Seattle, Denver or New York as preferred locations. Approximately 50% as needed.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer