Comcast Sr. Software Engineer in Seattle, Washington
Comcast's Technology & Product organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating apps like TVGo to new features such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards.
Comcast Technology Solutions, a part of Comcast NBCUniversal, is the leading provider of online video publishing and management solutions for premium content brands such as SyFy, NBC, AMC, CW, National Geographic, Fandango, British Telecom, Travel Channel and more. Media companies rely on our cloud-based solution for managing, monetizing, syndicating and delivering content across mobile, desktop, set-top boxes and other internet-connected devices.
CTS is looking for a seasoned software engineer to join our team and assist in the development and launching of a globally-distributed on-demand content processing software API. Our team is currently supporting a suite of legacy content processing tools running in on-premise data centers around the world, but today's market requires a fully cloud-based solution that can dynamically scale to meet customer throughput demands for video transcoding, packaging, protection and distribution. This is an amazing opportunity to be part of a high-profile greenfield project developed in Java using Docker and Kubernetes and running in the AWS cloud. The project is underway and going to market in 2019,with your help!
The ideal candidate will have
- Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems including AWS and other cloud technologies
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
- Experience with Test Driven Development (TDD), Agile software development, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
- Experience in enterprise system monitoring and altering tools like bananas, Grafana, and Splunk
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field
- Generally, requires 5-8 years relevant work experience in software development
- Solid knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals (object-oriented design, data structures and algorithm design)
- Proficiency in at least one modern object-oriented programming language such as Java (Preferred) or C#.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- A passion for creative and collaborative customer-focused engineering
About Comcast Technology Solutions:
We are determined to create an environment where our employees feel valued, understand our business goals, and are motivated to provide our customers with the best online video publishing and management solutions in the industry.
We are a team of incredibly bright and driven people, who also believe in having fun. We enjoy a dynamic and flexible work environment and hope you will consider joining us.
Comcast Technology Solutions offers competitive compensation and spectacular benefits. The following are a few of the many benefits we provide:
A 401k where we match 100% up to 4.5% of your contribution
21 days paid time off 7 paid holidays
Great medical, dental, vision insurance for you and your family
Comcast Restricted Stock Units
Employee Stock Purchasing Plan
Free Comcast Cable and Internet if service available
Flex Spending Account
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer