Comcast Sr. Program Manager in Seattle, Washington
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Comcast Technology Solutions' Professional Services division delivers strategy implementations, new product feature development and integration services to Advertisers, Content Providers, MVPDs and Technology Providers to deliver extraordinary experiences across every screen.
Our Professional Services teams are based in our Seattle and Denver offices and work closely with our product development teams. We help accelerate customer ROI by delivering rich video experiences across every screen with one solution that lets our customers manage, publish, distribute and monetize video content. We are a small, tightly knit team of multi-talented people that are industry experts.
Comcast Technology Solutions' purpose is to be the most valued partner to those leading the future of media and technology. Leveraging the most complete portfolio of capabilities, unmatched expertise and Comcast's unrivaled infrastructure, we help customers thrive in a rapidly evolving multi-platform world by powering extraordinary experiences to every screen. If you share a passion for contributing your talents to empowered teams, possess an entrepreneurial spirit and are driven by imagination and possibilities, we want to develop and grow your career at Comcast Technology Solutions.
Typical engagements include:
Custom development of online video Players
TV Everywhere solutions
Video on Demand (VoD) and live linear streaming solutions
Video Ingest workflow and best practices
Content Publishing work-flows
Product and Project Leadership
- Our Project Managers have overall responsibility for successful delivery of our customer facing projects. They are responsible for contract creation, project planning & estimation, resources allocation, customer implementations, and overall management of the project.
Creates and executes project work plans and revises as appropriate
Resource allocation and management of technical team
Oversees development team's creation of user stories to be scheduled and tracked
Manages day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope.
Participates in daily scrums and sprint retrospectives.
Ownproject communications, to include:
- Work with technical team to help lead initiatives and manage technical communication with customer
- Manage customer escalation and issues
- Effectively facilitate technical conversations between customer and team members, ,
- Ensure stakeholders agree
- Communicate technical challenges to the business to negotiate alternate solutions
- Communicate both actively and transparently the team's status on active projects
- Reviews deliverables prepared by team before passing to customer.
- Effectively applies our methodology and enforces project standards.
- Prepares for engagement reviews and quality assurance procedures.
- Minimizes our exposure and risk on project.
- Ensures project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
- Co-ordinate the transition of finished projects to the support group.
- Manage multiple simultaneous technical projects at the same time.
Tracks and reports team hours and expenses on a weekly basis.
Manages project budget.Provide forecast v. actual budget #s, identify project risks (technical and non-technical) and manage or escalate accordingly.
Determines appropriate revenue recognition, ensures timely and accurate invoicing, and monitors receivables for project.
Analyzes project profitability, revenue, margins, bill rates and utilization.
Manages day-to-day customer interaction.
Sets and manages customer expectations.
Continually seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen customer relationships.
Builds a knowledge base of each customer's business, organization and objectives.
7 years of Project Management experience managing full lifecycle Software Development projects.
Consulting industry experiences or background (Project Management or portfolio Management).
Understanding of Web Services technologies, including SOAP, REST and related standards.
Experience working in an Agile delivery model.
Knowledge of rich media and content management.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills are a must!
Excellent organizational and time management skills.
Keen attention to detail across all aspects of a project.
Understanding of Project management concepts.
Proficiency in MS Project or other Planning tools.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer