Comcast Manager, Client Solutions Engineering (CSE) in Seattle, Washington
Comcast's Technology & Product organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating apps like TVGo to new features such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards.
Comcast Technology Solutions (CTS) is a software technology company, based in Seattle, Washington, that helps TV stations, pay TV operators, content providers, broadband media sites, and mobile businesses meet their unique media management and video publishing requirements. Our MPX software, hosted in the cloud and provided as a service, allows our customers to securely and efficiently manage their digital media and publish it to all manner of devices and technologies websites, tablets, set-top boxes, connected TVs, live streams, satellite feeds, and more.
Our proven media management and publishing technology provides a versatile approach to meet each customer's unique business needs. It also scales fluidly to support the growth of our customers' businesses. Customers include Fox, CNBC, BBC, NBC Universal, Liberty Global, Viaplay and many more.
CTS is seeking a skilled individual who has both technical management and customer-facing experience to join our team. The ideal candidate is someone with a technical background who has moved into a service delivery/technical operations management role.
Our professional services teams are based in our Seattle office and work closely with our product development teams. We help accelerate customer ROI by delivering rich video experiences across every screen with one solution that lets our customers manage, publish, distribute and monetize video content. We are a small, tightly knit team of multi-talented people that are industry experts.
About the Position
In this role, the CSE Manager will work to manage the customers overall operational expectation and requirements. This will entail working with cross-functional groups from development to operations and professional services to customer success to sales to ensure work is prioritized and managed, and to ensure full communication with the customer. The CSE Manager will not only help train and mentor within the company, but will also assist in accomplishing organizational goals. This individual is expected to be a have a firm grasp on network troubleshooting, monitoring tools, customer satisfaction, project management concepts, service-level management and escalation processes and procedures.
- Be a leader for the CSE team.
- Act as key communication contact and point of escalation for operational issues and management.
- Identify, manage and work with customer and internal teams on all operational risks and issues and resolutions.
- Ensure that delivery processes (integration, customization, migration, delivery support) are continuously reviewed and updated as necessary to ensure continuing maturity of service delivery.
- Identify and work with internal teams and customer on service improvement initiatives including training needs.
- Review and manage SLA reporting.
- Provide leadership and manage escalations for quick resolutions to customer.
- Work with support teams to ensure timely resolution to trouble tickets.
- Ensure consistent follow up with product teams regarding customer-impacting product defects and feature requests.
- Support CSE day-to-day client interactions.
- Assist CSEs in setting and managing client expectations.
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
- Continually seek opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
- Build a knowledgebase of each client's business, organization and objectives.
- Manage cross-team processes.
- Promote best-practice within the organization.
- Must be able to communicate well with senior staff.
- Bachelor's degree or relevant experience.
- Relevant industry recognized certification an advantage.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Strong oral and written communications skills a must.
- Must be able to communicate well with senior staff.
- Experience with software development lifecycle.
- Experience with high availability systems, Software as a Service, Cloud technology and related SLAs desired.
- Consulting industry experience and project management exposure would also be an advantage.
- Understanding of Web Services technologies, including SOAP, REST and related standards.
This is a fulltime, onsite position with competitive salary and benefits.
As a subsidiary of Comcast, we enjoy the benefits of a relationship with a large company while keeping the agility of a startup. Come see why we love working at Comcast Technology Solutions!
While we enjoy our dynamic work environment and fast-paced culture, we also believe in a healthy work/life balance and varied interests in life. At Comcast Technical Solutions, you will find many cycling enthusiasts, avid runners, passionate climbers and skiers who work hard and play hard but no one plays as hard as our very own Comcast Technical Solutions soccer team! We have musicians, writers and artists who add a creative and colorful dimension to our enjoyment of the office life. We have true coffee aficionados, who embody our city's coffee culture not to mention bring wonderful morning aromas into our kitchen. We would love for you to bring your passions to our growing team!
This position will be filled at the Comcast Technical Solutions office in Seattle, WA.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer