Comcast Data Infrastructure Software Engineer - Eng 2 in Seattle, Washington
Comcast's Technology & Product organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating apps like TVGo to new features such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards.
Come grow your career at Comcast! Work with an enthusiastic team of bright individuals on a variety of interesting technical challenges. Contribute to a work environment that is encouraging, energetic, collaborative and supportive.
Do we Scale?
We work on big problems catering to millions of customers; Some of our projects move Petabytes worth of data on a single day. We handle Hundreds of Billions of rows in our distributed database with near real-time SLAs.
How do we roll?
We are fast-paced, collaborative, high energy teams that work on cutting-edge hardware and software and in the process love to have fun playing corn hole on our awesome balcony overlooking Pioneer Square and mini golf on one of our many team outings!
What are we passionate about besides developing software?
We actively contribute to Open Source, attend and present Tech Talks and Conferences, Work on lab weeks and showcase our Entrepreneurial Spirit.
How’s the balance?
Work flexible hours. Manage your own time. Engineers in t-shirts and jeans are engaging one another, drawing on whiteboards, and typing furiously. Designing. Coding. Improving. Collaborating.
Come join us and help create the future of TV.
Responsible for planning, designing, and implementing new software, including APIs, microservices, and internal tooling around database deployment and operation. Maintains new and existing data platforms and tools, including writing code, testing, debugging and troubleshooting. Documents development activity including how-to and best practices.
- Friendly, easy to work with
- We believe learning is a lifelong endeavor. Strong ability to learn on your own and take in new information and ideas
- Be willing to attend and/or speak at industry conferences and share your knowledge and expertise with others.
- Our engineers are not a pack of “lone wolves.” You must be a good communicator who plays well with others.
- Be committed to working as part of a DevOps team on shared objectives aimed at improving various data platforms.
- Enthusiastic problem solver
- Interest in one or more of the following: science, technology, programming, engineering or exploration
- Wants to help realize team goals, get things done, and be valued as a key contributor
- Comfortable working in a Linux shell
- Programming experience in one or more languages
- Ability to build tooling using scripting or programming language of choice.
- Understanding of how to troubleshoot a problem when something doesn’t work
- Basic operational and administrative understanding of databases (e.g. MySQL)
- Understanding of how networks work
- Understanding of how to measure and track the performance of software and systems
- Conflict resolution (friendly, easy to work with)
- Knowledge and use of source control (Git) and code review practices
- Understanding and use of containers
- Interest in instrumenting applications for performance visibility
- Understanding of unit and functional testing
- Clear written and verbal communication
- Generally requires 2-5 years related experience
- You will be assigned user stories in any of the following disciplines: Development; Test; Deployment; Operations; Automation; Tooling; Monitoring
- You own your code. Full participant in On Call rotations; Kanban, Status meetings; Iterative planning, Demos;
- Develop, test and deploy reliable, efficient and cost-effective automation solutions leveraging modern frameworks across multiple environments and using modern test approaches
- Drive automation at all levels of the development and operation lifecycle
- Produce documentation of overall automation design, operation and test coverage
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or Equivalent Field of Study or experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer