Comcast Client Solution Engineer in Seattle, Washington
Comcast's Technology & Product organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating apps like TVGo to new features such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards.
Client Solutions Engineers (CSEs) play a crucial role in our professional services engagements. Responsibilities include a wide variety of tasks. A CSE must be skilled in every aspect of a project they are involved in while still staying abreast of bleeding edge technologies.
About the Company
Our digital media management and publishing services manage millions of media files and process millions of hits per day. We've helped our customers integrate dozens of existing technologies and applications with the Comcast Technology Solutions ASP. Solutions built with Comcast Technology Solutions services have become high-profile destinations for our customers.
About the Position
CSEs work with Solutions Architects and Project Managers to gather requirements and participate in technical discussions with customers, providing guidance about how to best integrate and optimize their workflow using Comcast Technology Solutions services.
The ability to identify technical gaps is essential, and the ability to identify and provide best-practice approaches to mitigate these gaps is highly desired. Exceptional communication is critical.
- Configure accounts to implement customer workflow.
- Create proofs of concept & mock ups. Show that requirements can be satisfied by creating base implementations using Comcast Technology Solutions product offerings to demo capabilities to customers in order to build technical confidence.
- Perform content migrations, performance tests, configuration etc.
- Participate in the design and implementation of components and solutions for customer-specific professional services agreements.
- Work with SAs and PMs by reviewing customer specifications for content ingest and custom workflows.
- Craft professional emails to communicate issues, update on progress and provide technical consulting.
- Respond quickly to critical customer problems.
- Support demos, proofs of concept, and customer investigations of Comcast Technology Solutions core products.
- Ability to write scripts or services to assist in implementation of products.
- Develop custom software solutions using Test Driven Development.
- Provide overviews and documentation to customers for API usage and considerations.
- Write scripts to troubleshoot product services.
- Experience with RESTful APIs operations is highly desirable.
- Customer workflow and configuration troubleshooting
- Enterprise-level service deployment and general Linux management.
- Device level troubleshooting using industry standard tools and utilities. Includes, but is not limited to, using HTTP debugging proxies, using device emulators, browser-based developer consoles, etc.
- Document implementations and review them with both internal and external teams.
- Create, maintain, and document specific customer implementations (Lab, trial accounts, etc.).
- Configuration management- Track different configurations and add to source control.
- Write customer and project artifacts and manage different specifications in confluence
- Actively participate in the direction of Comcast Technology Solutions products and architecture by providing consistent feedback on core components from the field'.
- Understanding of REST APIs, Web Services, and relevant design patterns.
- Familiarity with Linux operating system at an intermediate level
- Familiarity with Agile software development methodologies.
- Very strong troubleshooting, problem-solving skills, creativity and resourcefulness.
- Strong communication skills.
- An aptitude for coming up with diverse hypotheses for testing theories.
- A drive to get the details right.
- A dedication to customer satisfaction.
- Infrequent travel, can be up to 15%
- Bachelors Degree or EquivalentComputer Science, EngineeringGenerally requires 2-5 years related experience
While we enjoy our dynamic work environment and fast-paced culture, we also believe in a healthy work/life balance and varied interests in life. At Comcast Technology Solutions, you will find many cycling enthusiasts, avid runners, passionate climbers and skiers who work hard and play hard. We have musicians, writers and artists who add a creative and colorful dimension to our enjoyment of the office life. We have true coffee aficionados, who embody our city's coffee culture not to mention bring wonderful morning aromas into our kitchen. We would love for you to bring your passions to our growing team!
This position will be filled at the Comcast Technology Solutions office in Seattle, WA.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer