Comcast Manager, Network Maintenance in Salt Lake City, Utah
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for the overall functions of the Network Maintenance department. Oversees and manages daily job functions of personnel to assure work is completed in a timely and efficient manner. Provides leadership, motivation, and direction for improvement in providing outstanding customer service and network maintenance. Establishes and oversees procedures, performance standards, and best practices. Organizes daily and monthly activities to meet goals. Oversees work performance. Develops and trains staff. Has accountability for managing financial resources. Provides subject matter guidance to employees. Has overall responsibility for developing/administering performance standards for organizational unit. Develops processes and procedures to implement functional strategies. Develops financial and operational objectives. Ensures operational plans are aligned with business objectives. Contributes to functional strategy development. Has a greater degree of impact on business results, and typically manages one or more groups of professional employees.
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
- Oversees and provides training and direction to Network Maintenance Technicians on all maintenance activities, proper work methods, quality standards, and equipment.
- Manages daily and monthly schedules to meet operational goals.
- Monitors work production and quality, ensuring that all repairs meet required specifications and that all safety and company procedures are followed.
- Enforces performance standards and guidelines for field operations. Implements/monitors ongoing work safety programs in compliance with OSHA standards. Promotes safety awareness (and OSHA regulations) in order to provide a work environment free from injury.
- Maintains department budgets, completes reports on a timely basis, and monitors and controls budgeted expenses.
- Ensures the proper completion of all scheduled or on-demand service or maintenance work.
- Participates in and conducts work performance reviews along with providing ongoing open communication with the Team.
- Ensures that customer complaints are resolved in a timely and professional manner.
- Recommends changes and updates in policies, procedures, and best practices.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Generally requires 8-11 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer