Comcast Assistant Retail Store Manager in Salem, Oregon
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Military Experience Welcome!!
- Someone with 2 years of experience in sales or retail management
- A sales leader. You know what makes a successful team that exceeds sales expectations and has significant relationships with consumers. You understand how to hire, coach and develop sales professionals at all stages in their careers.
- An independent thinker. You like working without someone looking over your shoulder. You are comfortable sharing your opinion and proposing new ideas and processes
- Graceful. You are an open-communicator. You do well sharing ideas with other team members and providing insights in a clear, useful way. You motivate and inspire.
- Fun. You can talk to anyone; you're flexible, courageous, and excited to help your Store Manager create a fun sales environment.
- Motivated. You deliver more that asked and understand the impact of a highly-satisfied, excited sales team with a performance based culture; you are passionate about designing the best experience possible for them
- Organized. You execute processes and procedures to drive department efficiencies, assist in development, and deliver sales targets. You maintain an inviting store environment that aligns with established planograms, and ensure that current branding collateral is visible and functional valuable merchandise is stocked, organized and secured.
-As part of the Retail Management and Customer Experience team, this role focuses on operational excellence while coaching and developing an world-class sales organization
-Collaborate with other Store managers to ensure our experiences and sales results are consistent region wide.
-Collaborate tightly with Merchandising, Operations and your peer to deliver high results and customer experience focused sales process
-Achieve and overdrive all sales and service metrics through daily supervision, coaching and consistent performance management (e.g., discipline) of Retail Sales Consultants.
-Provides on-boarding for Assistant Mangers and Consultants and delivers support, feedback observations, ensures they provide excellent customer service and are on track with their curriculum.
-Ensures store environment consistently follows published planograms and branding standards, and that demos are fully functional at all times.
-In collaboration with Store Manager, oversees floor responsibilities including staffing and scheduling, dress code, compliance, sales huddles and resolution of customer escalations.
-Achieves all sales and service metrics through daily supervision, coaching and consistent performance-management (e.g., discipline) of Retail Sales Consultants.
-Provides on-boarding support, observes and provides feedback to new hires to ensure they are on-track with their training curriculum and able to provide an exceptional customer experience.
-Ensures store environment consistently follows published planograms and branding standards, and that all customer demos are fully functional at all times.
-In cooperation with store manager, oversees all daily sales floor responsibilities, including proper daily staffing and scheduling, dress code compliance, sales huddles, resolution of customer escalations, lunch break management and store/workstation cleanliness.
-Responsible for daily store operations, including formulating and interpreting policies and procedures, stocking and accuracy of equipment inventory, prompt processing of returned inventory, cash handling compliance, organization of stock room, and consistent execution of store security protocol. Maintains compliance with all store operating procedures (including cash, inventory, etc.) through regular employee observation, coaching and discipline.
-Participates in and reinforces training for new product launches and promotions.
-Assesses individuals and team performance and, where applicable, provides performance management plans to narrow competency gaps, and provide corrective action.
-Ensures that customers and prospective customers are treated with the highest levels of courtesy and professionalism.
- Interview and selects new employees.
-Audits the execution of store policies and procedures such as retention, payments, equipment, sales integrity and revenue assurance.
-Remains current on new and current products and services, industry and competitive trends, and reinforces findings with the team.
-Builds team schedules based off the needs of the business.
-Demonstrates a high degree of self-motivation and maintains a professional appearance, including exercising significant independent judgment and discretion with respect to significant matters without direct oversight of supervisor.
-Maintains punctual attendance and flexibility to cover multiple locations throughout the operating area and is available to work evenings, weekends as needed.
-Stands on feet for long periods of time.
-Occasionally lifts and carries loads of 25 lbs or more.
-Other duties as assigned.
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
Years Experience: Generally requires 4-7 years related experience
-At least 2 years of experience in Sales or Retail Management experience.
-Experience in an agile tool environment, able to adapt well to multiple changes and lead teams to be early adopters.
-Demonstrated ability to lead initiatives in concert with tight timelines and limited instruction.
-Excellent communication, presentation and organizational skills.
-Experience cultivating talent and assisting leading a team of Sales Consultants.
-Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
-Strong organizational skills and an attention to detail.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer