Comcast Engineer, Product Development Engineering in Reston, Virginia
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for researching, designing, planning, developing, and/or evaluating new, advanced technologies by translating customer requirements or strategic business objectives into final product design. Works with development, marketing, customer service, and engineering support to develop detailed design, project plans, and product launch.
- Works with other members of cross-functional teams, joint ventures, third party vendors and Company's Product Managers and Marketing teams to deliver quality products, in a timely fashion, that meet defined requirements.
- Participates in the Company product lifecycle process, contributes to and/or creates product and technical requirements, detailed design documents including transaction, capacity and bandwidth models, systems definitions, and operational procedures as part of this process.
- Ensures that projects are properly accepted into the engineering team, worked on in a timely and efficient manner and smoothly transitioned into development, Quality Assurance and Operations teams.
- Provides guidance and accepts accountability for the performance and reliability of various cross-platform applications and services, and ensures that system failures are restored in a timely manner.
- Recommends courses of action, technology, technical solutions, long term vision and vision of what needs to happen to grow the Company.
- Develops state-of-the art solutions to maximize on technology and business applications.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
This position is for a Product Development Engineer -3 for Residential Data Services.
The responsibility of this position is end-to-end accountability of products and services for Comcast residential broadband customers, including
- Product definition, priority, and roadmap
- System integration both internal and external to solution
- Performance and scale engineering
- End-to-end testing
- Product support
- Product launch coordination
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer