Comcast Eng4,Product Development Engineering in Reston, Virginia
Comcast's Technology & Product organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. We work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards.
Responsible for participating as an individual contributor in project teams, troubleshooting operational issues, providing technical solutions to operational problems, new product implementation, implementing existing products and services, and the overall upkeep and maintenance of designated areas of engineering. Interfaces with vendors,engineering, and peer operations organizations. Acts in compliance with industry and Company technical requirements, standards, policies, and procedures. Provides technical leadership to junior Engineers and project teams. Has in-depth experience, knowledge and skills in own
discipline. Integrates knowledge of business and functional priorities.Acts as a key contributor in a complex and crucial environment. May lead teams or projects and shares expertise.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
- Drives issues through closure engaging all appropriate resources.Leads technical bridges and provides troubleshooting direction. Provides guidance and recommended solutions to complex technical issues.
- Acts as an advocate for Engineering Operations procedures, policies,and processes. Ensures projects are fully integrated into the operations environment including lifecycle problem management from front line CARE through Engineering.
- Creates data and metric systems to track operational workflows;maintains records of results and feedback. Analyzes data and metrics,identifies problem areas, and provides actionable insight to management.
- Provides input to Engineering and vendors on defects and required enhancements. Attains all relevant industry standard technical certifications.
- Performs complex and routine maintenance tests for designated areas of engineering. Identifies, isolates, and escalates issues to appropriate personnel. Ensures that all maintenance is properly validated to minimize subscriber impact to (ideally) zero.
- Contributes to design considerations for new products or architectural changes to existing products. Assists with or leads efforts to build new application infrastructure, coordinating efforts across teams.
- Analyses problems in design, configuration, data flow, and data state within a highly complex multi-product provisioning system.
- Serves as team lead on multiple projects, often spanning different engineering disciplines within the organization.
- Leads the integration of projects into operations including instrumentation, automation, standardization, and methods/procedures.
- Does not have any direct supervisory responsibilities. May direct workflow and act as a technical lead.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Engineering, Computer Science
- Generally requires 7-11 years related experience
- Partners with engineering project manager to provide consultative direction and develops long term objectives and plans to determine resources, technology and course of action to achieve results.
- Works with other members of cross-functional teams, joint ventures, third party vendors and Company's Product Managers and Marketing teams to deliver quality products, in a timely fashion, that meet defined requirements. Establishes and maintains working relationships within NE&TO, Product Development teams, joint ventures, vendors and contractors.
- Participates in Company product lifecycle process. Contributes to and/or creates product and technical requirements, detailed design documents including transaction, capacity and bandwidth models, systems definitions, and operational procedures as part of this process.
- Understands key business drivers and applies the knowledge of internal/external business issues to improve products and services.
- Anticipates and interprets customer needs, assesses requirements and identifies solutions.
- Ensures that projects are properly accepted into the engineering team,worked on in a timely and efficient manner and smoothly transitioned into Quality Assurance and Operations teams.
- Interprets internal/external business issues and recommends complete solutions based on best practices and proven technologies.
- Solves complex problems. Takes a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions.
- Provides guidance for the performance and reliability of various cross-platform applications and services. Ensures that system failures are restored in a timely manner.
- Participates in the review of failures and provides feedback to prevent future occurrences.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer