Comcast Sr. Director, Small & Medium Size Business (SMB) Direct/Outside Sales in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for effectively directing and monitoring the sales of an integrated communication structure to small-to-medium business customers in an effort to maximize sales revenues and meet corporate objectives on a consistent basis. Directs, develops and provides leadership and direction for multiple functional areas including sales, operations, finance and executive management. Contributes to the development of the organization's business strategy. Interprets business strategy and develops organizational objectives to align with this strategy. Typically manages multiple teams of professionals.
- Recommends alternatives or adjustments to correct problems or solidify successes in the perspective of current and proposed sales strategies. Identifies and drives improvements to create efficiencies with regards to cost and performance.
- Develops a consultative business-to-business sales culture through strong leadership and coaching. Leads by example by modeling the Company Credo, Touchstones, and Promise.
- Possesses an excellent knowledge of Company's products/services, pricing practices, and selling skills to effectively oversee small to medium business sales deployment of new products and services that target the enterprise segment.
- Monitors and prepares reports; forecasts monthly, quarterly, and annual sales results and other activity and performance measurements.
- Develops, plans, and coordinates seminars, sale incentive plans, and other strategies to achieve business unit objectives. Exhibits excellent written and oral communication skills, interpersonal skills, and planning, presentation, and organizational skills.
- Identifies and implements improvements in business processes yielding increased sales performance and/or higher operational efficiency through excellent time management, decision-making, and human relations skills.
- Establishes and cultivates effective business relationships, both cross-functionally and with Division and Corporate Business Services teams and with internal organizations to insure maximum effectiveness of the sales organization.
- Manages and monitors small-to-medium business sales channels within budgeted sales and expense targets.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
- Generally requires 12 years related experience
Strongly Preferred Attributes:
- Strong people leadership acumen with the ability to effectively lead a team, drive accountability & participation, and employee engagement.
- Experience leading a large team/organization.
- Critical and strategic thinker; able to determine root-cause analysis and convene the right individuals to eliminate employee and customer gaps.
- Business and financial acumen; experience running or owning a P&L/cost center, able to create results narratives and engage executive management on reporting and performance.
- Ability to identify, create, implement and monitor business strategies.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Able and willing to travel 30% within assigned regional territory.
Employees at Comcast at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the Customer Experience; think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff; be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team; make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System (a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company) by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results, growth and respect as well as promote inclusion and diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors, and our communities.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer