Comcast Director of Sales - Advertising in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Comcast Spotlight, the advertising sales division of Comcast Cable, helps put the power of cable to use for local, regional and national advertisers. It is focused on providing multi-platform marketing solutions to reach audiences most effectively and efficiently. Headquartered in New York with offices throughout the country, Comcast Spotlight has a presence in nearly 80 markets with approximately 35 million owned and represented subscribers.
Comcast Spotlight offers clients easy-to-buy, easy-to-execute options customized around their business goals. We work with clients to provide them with customized, multi-screen media marketing solutions that utilize our suite of products in the way that's best suited to meet their objectives. Our media solutions provide advertisers with the ability to reach, engage and connect with their customers viewing content on any device or screen.
Responsible for directing and controlling advertising sales activities in Pittsburgh across multiple cable networks and zones. Accountable for achieving assigned revenue targets associated with regions or segments of accountability. Monitors and delegates the work of sales managers and account executives
as well as continually evaluating sales performance and modifying plans to achieve better results. Provides leadership and direction for team which may include multiple functional areas. Develops and implements strategy for functional area(s). May have responsibility for developing
and managing budget. Generally reports to Sr. Director or VP.
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
Core Responsibilities :
- Develops and administers local/national advertising sales plan and promotional approaches including identification of objectives, strategies and action programs to produce revenue toward achievement of
- Provides motivation for advertising sales personnel through individual contact, goal setting, periodic meetings, incentive plans/contest, and a positive working environment.
- Complies with the policies and follows procedures outlined in the Company's policy manual" and complies with the details outlined in the Company's "Code of Ethics and Business Conduct". Recommends changes or deviations in established policy to meet competitive situations.
- Develops operating budget for regions/teams within scope of authority to meet budgeted revenue and cash flow objectives.
- Assures maximum utilization of the sales resources in keeping with Company objectives.
- Oversees advertising availability inventory.
- Assists with establishing and ensuring the execution of short- and long-term advertising revenue goals.
- Recruits, trains, motivates, develops and coaches a team of Account Executives as well as Ad sales regional staff.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Generally requires 9 years of management experience in Advertising sales or related industry
- Experience managing a sales team with a proven track record in developing strategy and buidling and growing revenue
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer