Comcast Senior Accountant - Revenue in Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Location: National Accounting Shared Services (NAO) Oaks, PA
Reports to: Manager, Accounting
Responsible for the monthly close process related to revenue and bad debt. Responsibilities include preparation of monthly journal entries and account reconciliations, revenue to billing reconciliations and analysis of monthly results for Xfinity Mobile. Be an integral part in the transition from current Xfinity Mobile biller to Next Generation billing system. Provide analytical support regarding any newly acquired systems into the revenue process and special projects as requested.
- Monitor and analyze general ledger accounts to ensure accurate financial information is presented to management at month-end.
- Prepare monthly revenue to billing reconciliations to ensure total billing activity has been recorded.
- Assist with new processes created to support revenue recognition under the new standard, ASC606.
- Research variance to budget and forecast through detailed operational and financial metrics and explains results.
- Update monthly account reconciliations in support of ending asset and liability balances and research reconciling items.
- Compile, adjust and evaluate various accruals to ensure their accuracy.
- Prepare additional account and other analyses as requested by management.
- Research ways to streamline and standardize processes to support the NAO Accounting function.
- Participates in the development and utilization of financial models and analysis. Assist in preparation of support for budgets and forecasts as directed by Manager.
- Assists with the preparation of monthly and annual financial reports.
- Prepares journal entries during the month end close process.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work variable schedule(s), including outside of normal business hours, as necessary
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Requirements : Education Level: Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
Field of Study: Accounting preferred or Finance along with equivalent accounting work experience
Years Experience: Generally requires 5-7 years related experience
- CPA or progress towards it a plus.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in industry and/or public accounting or similar work environment.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Products (Excel, Word, and Outlook); advanced Excel skills preferred.
- Knowledge of SQL preferred.
- Knowledge of Tableau a plus.
- Experience with Oracle a plus.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer