Comcast Director, Procurement Operations in Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for providing direction to the Procurement department in the external procurement, sourcing, and contracting of goods and services. Develops and directs department procedures and objectives. Acts as a business partner and interfaces with other department business partners to ensure quality and cost-effective goods and services. Develops and manages department budget.
- Establishes and implements procedures and good purchasing practices for the departments.
- Negotiates long-term contracts with suppliers to ensure optimum cost and reliable supply. Maintains strategic vendor and contractor relationships.
- Works with business partners to ensure purchasing and procurement optimization by generating cost savings and anticipating issues.
- Interprets inventory and capital tracking analysis for strategic decision-making. Relates report results and department decisions to business partners clearly and concisely. Troubleshoots and provides advice among business partners.
- Mentors and directs staff to ensure that work performance is to the Company's standards.
- Continually assesses market conditions that may affect procurements.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education Level - Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
Field of Study -Finance
Years of Experience - Generally requires 10 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer