Comcast Xfinity Home Product Management MBA Intern in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
The Comcast MBA Internship Program is an 11-week summer internship program designed to identify high-caliber talent to build our organization with the best and the brightest students. In this program you will immerse yourself into the Comcast culture, working side by side with innovative and talented Comcasters. You will cultivate meaningful relationships and develop strong interpersonal and business skills that will set you apart from your peers.
Additionally, your experience will include:
- Exposure: An inside look into the day-to-day operations of an organization at the cutting edge of media and technology.
- Professional Development: Exposure to a variety of professional development topics facilitated through our University Relations team and with senior leaders within the organization. These sessions include speaker series and networking opportunities.
- Mentorship: Mentoring from fellow colleagues through the Empowering Future Leaders Program (EFLP) to help you navigate your experience, provide coaching, and expand your professional network.
- Fun: Continuously develop relationships with fellow interns through social activities, community building, and networking.
Smarter is safer. XFINITY Home is Xfinity's smart home solution. It solves for peace of mind - for physical belongings, and digital lifestyles. It provides safety and security; UL certified to dispatch emergency services and works even when the power is out or the phone lines are not working. It gives our customers visual confirmation that 'everything's ok' at home, even when they're far away. It delivers lifestyle convenience to help you save time and save money. The Product Management MBA Intern will support/own a variety of activities, including driving next generation product strategy and roadmap, developing business strategies, conducting market assessments, performing competitive assessments, and developing go-to-market strategies. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Create business strategies related to next generation home security and automation
- Internalize and represent the voice of the customer throughout the XH lifecycle
- Conduct market research, market sizing, competitive analysis, and trend identification to identify/understand market segments and define Product concepts
- Create and manage business cases understand the financial and customer impact of the Product within the larger scope of the company's revenue and cost targets
- Collaborate with cross-matrix Marketing organizations to structure, deliver, and integrate market research
- Team with Product development, Product engineering and enterprise technology to deliver, support, and manage high quality Product and service launches
- Leads concepts defining and end-to-end customer experience and expected full lifecycle costs.
- Evaluate technologies, products, and vendors to support development of detailed Product features and requirements.
- Contribute to the Product vision across the Team and the organization.
- Currently pursuing a full-time MBA with intended graduation between December 2018 May 2019. (Concentrations: business, economics, technology, and engineering)
- 5 years of relevant work experience in a dynamic environment (e.g. entrepreneur, consulting, military, etc.)
- Deep interest and understanding of consumer tech products and Product lines
- Proven strategic problem solver with a track record of delivering original solutions backed up by strong analytics.
- Proactive and independent contributor
- Self-starter with ability to quickly grasp complex subject matter
- Experience with MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Must have excellent time management, organizational and communication skills
- Interest or experience in telecommunications, cable, media and technology industries
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident required
- Comcast is an Affirmative Action/EEO employer M/F/D/V
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer