Comcast VP, Solution Development in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Over the last five years, EBI has evolved into a 200-person team, with a robust infrastructure, and a proven track record of significant impact to the company. The VP of Solution Development leads a high performing, dynamic, leading-edge data science and product development team. Reporting to Matt Hull, the VP will oversee a team of three direct reports that are responsible for engineering/visualization, predictive/prescriptive modeling, and solution integration (over 70 people) with diverse and complex functions including computer scientists, statisticians, architects, visualization experts, project managers, and data engineers. This cross-functional team will be responsible for translating complex data and advanced statistical methodologies into simple to understand, actionable solutions that enable the company to make smarter decisions. These solutions will provide insight into Comcast's customers, business operations, and products based upon the collection, analysis, and modeling of company data combined with third-party data. It is imperative that the VP provide best in class decision support capabilities so that this information is seen as a strategic asset, trustworthy, and readily available.
The VP will apply their passion for data driven solutions to fundamentally change how Comcast operates to build sustainable competitive advantages. Above all else, s/he will discover profitable business opportunities and then drive change transformation and operational execution to achieve specific business results. S/he will utilize their broad business and technical knowledge along with software development experience to address complex, unusual and critical issues across operations, sales & marketing, finance, human resources, product, and across the organization.
As part of the EBI senior leadership team, the VP will contribute to the development of the organization's business strategy and organizational objectives for alignment. S/he will provide both strategic and tactical leadership and direction for the existing EBI team of internal resources as well as assess the organization's on-going talent acquisition and development strategy.
- Drive value in the broader business. Develops and communicates goals, strategies, tactics, project plans, timelines, and key performance metrics to align with multiple internal stakeholder departments and ultimately grow Comcast's operating cash flow. Applies a broad business approach to find and create value for the company.
- Build strong relationships with key stakeholders. Serves as strategic advisor to multiple functional areas within the organization (e.g., marketing, operations, care, etc.). Builds rapport with senior leaders to achieve departmental objectives. Works closely with legal and finance to ensure responsible outcomes. Exudes "executive presence" in both formal and informal communications.
- Promote cutting edge solutions. Evaluates, compares, and applies innovative approaches to deliver unique and powerful data sets, visualizations, models, and prescriptive guidance to answer difficult but critical business questions/decisions with large impact to profitability. Enthusiastically ready to present, defend, discuss and debate the team's work as well as implications and recommendations.
- Manage cross-disciplinary team. Oversees multiple program teams that develop and provide customer, product, and business operation solutions to improve and enhance companywide decision making. Ensures the department implements and utilizes the industry best practices, processes, operating model, and technology for product/solution development.
- Collaborate as part of the senior leadership team within EBI. Promotes transparent communication among management team. Oversees budget to ensure required resources are available, while coordinating with the finance department to secure additional budget for capital and operational expenditures as additional business needs are presented (software resources, etc.).
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
The successful executive will have analytics and development expertise along with strategic, business and people management experience. S/he will be able to leverage their prior success operating the development of products/solutions within a complex business with enormous amounts of transactional, repeatable data.
Culturally they must be a fit for an organization with a diverse group of high-performing PhD, data engineers, and business strategists. From a leadership perspective, the successful candidate will have the executive presence and communication skills to effectively articulate his/her position to influence business leaders across the company.
- Experience within a complex organization with access to enormous amounts of transactional and operational data is required.
- Experience leading and operating a software/solution/product development process preferably in an industry that manages multiple, continuous interactions with their customers.
- Experience within industries that will produce the most qualified executive might include financial services, telecommunications, media, digital, healthcare, management consulting, hospitality and/or a boutique analytics firms.
- Experience leading, managing, and developing a highly intellectual and technical team of 50 plus. Hands-on manager with the experience necessary to create an environment of intellectual challenge and "raises the bar" in terms of quality of work. Proven ability to lead and persuade leaders across the organization that do not report directly to them.
- Experience managing and prioritizing multiple projects and deliverables in an effective manner.
- Superior analytical acumen combined with business discipline. Ability to distinguish false positives from real opportunities to truly impact/enhance the business.
- Ability to manage multiple complex projects while meeting all deadlines, and manage people and process to achieve optimal results.
- Excels in a culture of collaboration, excellence, innovation, and teamwork.
- Strong interpersonal skills-an outstanding ability build relationships, influence and navigate within a complex organization.
- Presence and self-confidence to interface and engage with the key constituents internally and externally. "Crisp" communication skills.
- Self-awareness, maturity, irreproachable integrity
A Bachelor's and Master's Degree (or Advanced Degree) in Business, Statistics, Psychology, Engineering, Computer Science or other quantitative discipline is required.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer