Comcast Technical Product Manager - Video/Big Data in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast's Technology & Product organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating apps like TVGo to new features such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards.
The Technical Product Owner will help shape the future of Comcast's most innovative T&P products and services. Products and services in this area are growing and now include a cloud-based guide, linear/DVR/VOD video delivery, video CPE, video over web/mobile and HSD (wireless gateways). Delivering a positive experience every time a customer interacts with Comcast's products is our top priority, and to do that we must deliver high quality data and insightful analysis of how our platforms perform. We gather, store and analyze massive amounts of data about our platform to continuously improve services provided to our customers.
The TPO will focus on developing and executing marketing strategies to promote the Big Data team platform services and data products. His primary responsibility is to communicate the product's value to stakeholders by creating marketing materials that communicate product features, setting up product demos, gathering pain points from users, researching on new technologies and trends, and positioning the products within Comcast.
The person is the Big Data team evangelist and he will collaborate with platform engineering leads, software engineers, other technical product owners and user interface designers to increase adoption of platform services and data products within Comcast's data and technical community. The position is a strategic role that requires strategic thinking, product management experience and technical expertise.
- Work with users to deeply understand their business objectives and challenges to use the Big Data team platform services and data products
- Lead all product marketing and evangelization of the Big Data capabilities and develop value proposition
- Identify innovative uses of open source and vendor solutions to identify capabilities to be developed
- Work closely with data experience leadership, platform leads, product leads and engineers through ideation, planning, development and release of new capabilities
- Employ rapid prototyping to create, test and iterate product designs to get the right product/market fit in collaboration with product managers
- Follow and champion Agile processes to effectively and efficiently bring releases to users
- Provide content for portal, demos, marketing materials, and summit
- Implement and manage user metrics such as usage, experience, value realization
- 7 years Product Management experience with data products, metadata management and data governance
- Master's degree in computer science or related field
- Strong leadership abilities with a track record of delivering exceptional results as well as excellent cross-functional communication abilities
- Experience with one or more big data platforms such as Hadoop, Flume, Storm, Spark, AWS, etc;
- Demonstrated full lifecycle experience from inception to launch that met business goals
- Excellent ability to understand the user's objectives and needs to create clear and compelling user stories
- Experience working with engineering teams in an Agile environment
- Highly curious, opportunity-centric product manager who can assess, decide, evaluate and iterate quickly
- Demonstrated ability to build collaborative relationships and facilitate healthy communication
- Product mindset of simplicity and clarity
- Ability to adapt communication approach for multiple audiences; comfortable driving results through influence
- An independent doer; comfortable directing own work and delegating
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer