Comcast Supervisor, FP&A in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for providing business performance analysis, reporting, and forecasting for Comcast's Mobile business unit. Provides a variety of financial data; maintains and updates financial models and plans. Provides financial analysis and projections to all levels within the organization in support of functional business objectives. Has in-depth experience, knowledge and skills in own discipline. Usually determines own work priorities. Acts as resource for colleagues with less experience.
- Provides budget, forecast, and variance analysis and related reports as needed. Develops the analysis of actual results against planned objectives and presents data in a logical and clear format so that management can develop action plans.
- Conducts financial research, analyzes financial performance against objectives, and determines emerging financial trends.
- Provides rationale behind reports and analysis and relays them in simple terms.
- Compares financial results to planned or forecasted results with variances explained and recommendations for future actions.
- Creates and maintains statistical/financial databases and reports. Runs appropriate weekly, monthly, and annual reports.
- Works with accounting staff and to other departments, management, and staff by providing: financial planning experience, financial information and modeling, activity analysis, and variance analysis.
- Performs and critiques economic evaluation justifications for capital expenditures.
- Interacts with other Finance team members and business unit management in the preparation and submission of daily, monthly, and annual forecast and reports including: project costing, business unit Profit & Loss presentations, variances vs, forecast, and headcount planning and forecasting.
- Supports senior management in business analysis and strategic initiatives.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education Level -Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
Field of Study -Finance
Years Experience - Generally requires 5-8 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer