Comcast Sr. Web Developer in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Comcast is looking for a skillful Front-End Web Engineer to join our newest team, Xfinity Mobile! As we continue to grow, we are looking for talented and passionate people. A successful candidate will have an established background in developing customer facing applications focusing on high volume, high availability and secure software.
- Participate in architecture, development, implementation and maintenance of our systems
- Responsible for engineering best practices leading to excellent overall quality of software
- Participate actively in agile practices by collaborating with product owners, Business Analysts, Scrum Masters, and other team members in such activities as grooming user stories with cross-functional development teams
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff
- Supports a culture of continuous improvement
- 6 years of relevant work experience, including extensive web programming experience and proven architecture skills.
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical field.
- Excellence on Angular, understanding of React and other front-end frameworks.
- Experience developing service-oriented development, architecture paradigms and a proven excellence on design for scalability, performance and reliability
- Experience with high-scale, distributed web service development (hands-on experience with RESTful services); understanding of APIs, data serialization and JSON.
- Excellence on debugging and using Application Performance Monitoring tools.
- Familiarity with data serialization formats like XML, JSON and protocol buffers
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer