Comcast Sr Vendor Manager in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for planning and developing strategies in accordance with corporate and divisional goals for the third-party customer service function and analyzes all aspects of operations. Prepares and manages operating budget for the customer service function and controls cost to help attain profit objectives. Ensures optimal customer experience within the outsourced third-party network. Helps to develop financial and operational objectives. Ensures operational plans are aligned with business objectives. Contributes to functional strategy development. May manage a team, including exempt and non-exempt employees. Provides subject matter guidance to employees as required. Develops and implements processes and procedures to drive the department budget, goals and efficiencies.
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products, and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making callbacks and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors, and our communities
- Monitors customer service productivity in accordance with established policy to assure adherence as well as completeness in all customer transactions.
- Prepares, analyzes, and manages operation through statistical analysis of activity.
- Plans, develops, and administers customer service programs in adherence to national and system customer service objectives.
- Implements company policy, procedures, standards, and goals.
- Conducts regular meetings with Customer Care Supervisors to maintain two-way communication and achievement of departmental objectives.
- Ensures competence and continuity of qualified management and frontline staff through optimum selection, training and development, appraisal, and motivational techniques.
- Manages customer service-based training and standards certification.
- Works with team to ensure excellence in customer service with every customer contact. Manages the performance and development of supervisory staff.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Drive policy and process standardizations/improvements for third-party business partners
- Guide direct and cross-functional teams through continuous change management
- Create an environment that fosters teamwork and accountability and positively impact the customer experience
- Focus on improving overall team procedures to improve efficiencies and quality of work
- Analyze, interpret and understand data and clearly articulate the story it tells both verbally and through the creation of executive level presentations
- Track, analyze, and report out on performance data for key departmental initiatives
- Assist with the development, testing, and implementation of call center technology and productivity tools
- Conduct regular third-party compliance audits (regulatory, technical, security, risk, tool, etc. ) and provide feedback to Comcast leadership team on performance
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Generally, requires 8-11 years related experience
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent, Business
- Prior management experience strongly preferred; experience managing multi-site and third-party teams preferred
- Able and willing to travel up to 60%
- Must be able to obtain a U.S. Passport within 45 days of accepting this position
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail required
- Strong relationship management skills required
- Prior experience and ability in analyzing and understanding data strongly preferred
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer