Comcast Sr. Technical Program Manager in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast's Technology & Product organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating apps like TVGo to new features such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards.
Comcast is seeking a Technical Program Manager to join the Technology and Product Security Team. The Technical Program Manager will be responsible for end-to-end project management, demonstrating ownership of the entire process from start to finish. The position requires managing several different projects of varying scale and priority with many different teams and businesses. Will be required to facilitate efficient communication across all levels of a project to ensure consistency in reaching the project's goal, and to help in the recognition of any potential opportunities, risks, or complications.
The Technical Program Manager will:
- Have a high level technical knowledge in multiple areas of technology which should include some of the following: cloud, networking, application software, mobile, internet, video, telephony, analytics, micro-services architectures, software defined networks and machine learning
- Understand and work in an agile environment
- Understand and have experience managing projects in the DevSecOps methodology
- Coordinate scoping, requirements gathering and architecture review activities
- Make project scheduling decisions in conjunction with the lead engineer(s) or facilitate conversations necessary for decision making
- Capture, track and manage program and project level milestones and action items
- Excellent power point skills to visualize the program dashboard, project structure, project scope and goals, milestones, use cases, status, issues, blockers, dependencies and risks and keep updated on a daily / weekly basis.
- Have excellent organization and communication skills
- Track and assure the delivery of multiple concurrent work streams
- Help overcome obstacles to on-time delivery through keen oversight and good communications
- Track action items and work with individual action item owners to ensure effectively delivery within the project goals and project plan
- Work with development teams as needed to gather schedules and track issues.
- Identify risks to delivery; effectively communicate risk to stakeholders
- Anticipate and resolve issues (eliminate roadblocks for team to enable delivery)
- Report status weekly including keeping a dashboard, plan, milestones, issues, risks, dependencies, blockers and open action items.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 7-11 years of experience in project management or program management or similar role
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and manage a wide variety of work streams simultaneously, and under deadline.
- Preferred Certifications: Relevant cyber security certifications, such as CISSP, CISM, PgMP, PMP and/or PMI are optional, but highly desired
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer