Comcast Sr. Specialist, Absence Management. in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for administering disability/leave related programs, policies, and procedures. Possesses thorough knowledge of FMLA (Family and Medical Leave Act), Short & Long Term Disability and ADAAA (Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act). Responsible for cultivating and maintaining a collaborative relationship with Comcast Compliance, Sedgwick and other stakeholders to ensure the success of the day-to-day activities of Comcast’s Disability/Leave of Absence administration. Responsible for improving workflows and identifying process efficiency. Works with moderate guidance on own area of knowledge.
-Collaborates with Divisional HR, Compliance/Legal, and Sedgwick regarding disability/leave matters, including employee terminations where accommodations cannot be reached.
- Prepares employee accommodation and/or employment communications in accordance with all applicable legal, compliance, and business practices. Follows appropriate Comcast policies and processes when updating employee records to reflect separation of employment.
- Implements, communicates and help to develop absence management policies and procedures by partnering with Corporate Compliance, Risk Management, Human Resources, and other internal and vendor stakeholders.
- Assists with the design, management, and implementation of absence management strategies and processes for promoting an organizational culture of inclusion with employees with disabilities while ensuring compliance with laws, regulations and company policies.
- Researches new and changing federal, state, and local leave laws and/or benefits (including but not limited to FMLA, ADAAA, PDL, Short & Long Term Disability); leverages this information to drive the development and implementation of policies, process improvements, and programs related to the absence management function.- Identifies potential areas of compliance risk and vulnerability; develop and implement action plans to enhance compliance in identified areas of risk.
- Drives down workforce shrinkage by ensuring compliance with Comcast’s policies and federal, state, and local regulations. Reviews and interprets policy and provides guidance on issues.
- Monitors trends in divisional utilization of disability/LOA program benefits and provides input for plan and policy changes and/or improvement.
- Maintains a collaborative relationship between Comcast and Sedgwick while impacting the overall effectiveness of Sedgwick’s service delivery.
- Responsible for projects and ongoing initiatives that support disability/leave programs, systems, and process to address the business needs for our divisions.
- Maintains appropriate records/files of written communications. Assists in employee relations issues and makes recommendations for resolution.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent.
- Generally requires 3 – 6 years of relevant experience in Disability, Leave Administration and/or Human Resources.
- Comcast is an EEO/AA/Drug Free Workplace
- The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer