Comcast Sr. Software Developer in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast's Technology & Product organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating apps like TVGo to new features such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards.
Do you understand the security design and controls required to protect Big Data even after the breach of perimeter security?
Have you used Big Data techniques to analyze and predict security incidents?
Does the thought of stopping hackers from stealing content, services, or personal information excite you?
If yes, we want to hear from you!
IN THIS ROLE
You will work as an engineer within the Compass team, the team responsible for the metadata and infrastructure powering the Comcast video experience for millions of customers. Your key responsibilities will be to resolve security vulnerabilities assigned to you by your peers in the remediation team.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Develop code and scripts to remediate vulnerabilities
- Participate in scrum teams
- Collaborate with extended security team for recommended remediation approaches
- Regularly interface with other engineering and security teams involved with Comcast’s Big Data solutions
- Help advance the goal of building-in security to all Comcast products
WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE
- The burndown rate for the security vulnerability backlog increases
- There are zero high risk vulnerabilities over 30 days old
- The Comcast Compass team considers you an indispensable team member
WHAT YOU SHOULD POSSESS
- Solid understanding of common security vulnerabilities and vulnerability remediation practices
- Understanding of middleware and application architectures
- Fluency in scaled cloud development
- Big Data experience such as Hadoop or Amazon EWR
- Familiarity with data security and secure database authorization
- Passion for cybersecurity, an entrepreneurial spirit, persistence, and resourcefulness
- Discipline to handle confidential matters with appropriate sensitivity
- Ability to communicate complex concepts to technical and non-technical stakeholders
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
- A cool and casual work environment with chances to showcase your skills
- A culture of innovation and continuous learning
- Training, support, and mentoring to expand and evolve your expertise
- Opportunities to impact the security of Comcast products in millions of homes and businesses
WHAT WE REQUIRE
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, preferably in engineering or computer science
- 7 years of related experience (Software security experience preferred)
- Experience with OpenStack, AWS and VMware platforms and SQL and NoSQL database technologies
- Familiarity with front end RESTful web service
- Experience with Java, Clojure, GO, Erlang, Scala
- Proficiency in scripting languages like Python, PERL, and SWIFT on the Linux platform
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer