Comcast Sr. Operations Recruiter in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for coordinating and organizing the recruitment strategies and activities for the department. Manages the recruitment process in its entirety, from job requisition to on-boarding. Collaborates with leadership team to establish goals, objectives, and hiring priorities. Cultivates and maintains relationships to source candidates. Evaluates employment applications, screens and interviews candidates, and provides employment recommendations. Assures compliance with regulatory requirements. Has in-depth experience, knowledge and skills in own discipline. Usually determines own work priorities. Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how
you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our
customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint,
and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our
game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital
tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being
open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that
brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining
huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do
better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our
- Manages all aspects of the recruitment process including: job requisition design, sourcing, screening, pre-employment checks, compliance, offers of employment, and on-boarding.
- Works with senior management to develop strategies across all business units.
- Ownership of the Executive Referral program, including candidate engagement, follow up and reporting
- Oversees the development of initial job requisition including outlining requirements for positions and ensuring the requisition is approved and posted to applicant tracking system.
- Creates and revises job descriptions as needed.
- Collaborates with hiring department to develop firm understanding of department culture and position requirements, including skills and background required for the position. Provides expert advice and guidance to hiring managers throughout the recruitment process.
- Strong understanding of the Customer Experience and customer operations function
- Builds candidate pipeline through targeted advertising, direct sourcing, employee referrals, networking, and recruitment events.
- Develops and maintains relationships with businesses, government and community service agencies, colleges, employment agencies and search firms, and other recruiters.
- Makes public presentations at job fairs, schools, and organizations regarding the Company and its employment opportunities.
- Reviews employment applications, resumes, and other credentials.
- Oversees pre-screening, in-person interviews, and pre-employment assessments. Screens and refers candidates for additional interviews and assists hiring managers with interviews when necessary. Provides timely follow up and correspondence.
- Coordinates background investigations and verifications of educational and employment experience.
- Acts as a Talent Advisor to our business and HR partners; influences decisions via consultation
- Provides employment recommendations to hiring manager based upon candidate qualifications, application materials, interviews, and references.
- Assists leadership team with developing recruitment budgets, budgeting goals and objectives, and key financial and operational metrics. Tracks and reports on hiring costs, turnover, diversity, and other activity areas.
- Participates and /or leads Talent Acquisition focused projects to support key initiatives and the overall strategy
- Facilitates career development discussions with employees and management.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Minimum of 5 years Recruiting Experience
- 5 years’ experience recruiting in a fast paced, dynamic environment responding to multiple open job requirements across a wide spectrum of Customer Experience and Customer Service positions within TPX organization
- Gather and collate market intelligence to ensure effective sourcing methods; share feedback as appropriate to the greater team
- Ability to develop reporting metrics and track progress against open roles
- Ability to facilitate multi-candidate interview sessions and facilitate hiring manager debrief sessions
- Must be able to utilize social media tools to support recruitment efforts and have strong MS Office skills (Excel and PowerPoint)
- Must possess a strong sense of customer service as well as excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must possess strong organizational and multi-tasking skills, with meticulous attention to detail
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Generally requires 5-7 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer