Comcast Sr Mgr, Govt Affairs Reporting, Analysis & Design in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Provides critical data, analytics, reporting and design support to Comcast Government Affairs as we tell Comcast's incredible story of innovation, investment, impact and community involvement and advance Comcast's business goals through the political, regulatory and legislative processes at the local, state and federal level.
Develops and maintains systems, processes, and tools to support the development and deployment of local GA advocacy communications, campaigns, and strategies, including systems, processes and tools to ensure that local GA teams have the right research and data to support their localized advocacy.
- Owns and manages GA-Cable HQ collaboration tools, data reporting, data analysis and tracking
- Researches and synthesizes data from multiple sources and translate raw data to support/create a compelling narrative
- Collects data from multiple sources, delivered in a variety of formats and efficiently import key data points into a common data pool used for sorting, analysis, tracking and reporting
- Develops new reporting ideas and communicate potential uses for analytics across all areas of GA to help team achieve program goals
- Prepares analysis using Excel (including VB scripting, Macro development, Pivot Tables, advanced lookup functions, and graphs to demonstrate key information points)
- Formulates reports, maps and dashboards to visualize pertinent trends in the data
- Manages the relationship with resource vendors to ensure our platforms are properly licensed and serviced.
- Creates templated standardized reports.
- Provides training to stakeholders on our various resources, platforms, databases, etc.
Supports the ability of local GA field teams to effectively advocate on behalf of our overall company narrative and issue-specific narratives.
- Works with corporate, division and local government affairs teams to develop and deploy strategic advocacy communications and campaigns.
- Works with Corp. Communications influencer strategy lead on issue-specific proactive communications opportunities that enable us to tell our story to key audiences in new ways.
- Manages outside consultants to develop creative campaigns and collateral materials to support local GA advocacy communications
Provides design assistance to Government Affairs personnel at HQ and in the field in the preparation and design of communications and advocacy materials, including:
- Data trend reports and analysis
- Decks interactive and still
- Digital presentations and microsites
- Factsheets and newsletters
- Themes for campaign materials
- Other design work as required
Work closely in a cross-functional environment with various departments and locations
- Collaborate with software and MIS professionals
- In addition to GA-Cable Field and GA-Cable HQ, the position works closely with External Affairs, Corporate Communications, Public Policy, Regulatory Affairs, Marketing Communications, other departments within Corporate Affairs, e.g. D&I, Internet Essentials, Local Media Development, Administration, Enterprise Business Intelligence, Product Teams, etc.
Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree and 5-7 years of professional of related data analysis experience
- Experience in data management, synthesis, reporting and analysis required
- Advanced Quickbase, PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Adobe skills required
- Ability to manipulate and create shapefiles, join datasets, and geographically visualize trends using ArcGIS or Tableau required
- Experience with Comcast's various reporting databases strongly preferred
- Ability to manipulate and analyze large data sets with accuracy and ease
- Successful experience translating data into compelling narratives
- Experience with infographics is strongly desired
- Ability to communicate effectively with diverse populations verbally and in writing
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships
- Self-starter, able to work under pressure and tight deadlines
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer