Comcast Sr. Manager, Xfinity Home Business Strategy in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Xfinity Home's mission is to drive mass market adoption of smart home automation and home security. Launched nationally in 2012, Xfinity Home is already one of the largest home security providers in the US. With our internally developed customer experiences, we have won numerous product and user experience awards. Our teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower our customers to live safer, more connected, and more energy efficient lives and we're just getting started.
Our team is responsible for creating the business strategies for Xfinity Home's next era of growth as well as championing these initiatives cross functionally to leverage Comcast's scale, resources, and capital.
The Sr. Manager, Product Strategy and Management will assess the market and competitive landscape, identify market and product opportunities, develop business cases, and ultimately guide our product development, business operations, and marketing and sales teams in launching new products and services.
- Strategically evaluate current product portfolio and roadmap, assess new opportunities, evolve our product strategy, and guide both short and long-term planning.
- Develop robust business cases to guide the direction and prioritization of the roadmap.
- Analyze the financial and customer impact of the products within the larger scope of the company's revenue and cost targets.
- Translate the assumptions of the business case into requirements to guide R&D in their product design.
- Collaborate with leadership in product development, business operations, marketing, sales, and across the company to achieve our mission and strategy.
- Monitor the broader market, while leveraging competitive insights to guide strategy development.
- Participate in product modification, cost reduction, margin analysis, product positioning, and pricing strategies.
- Drive unique customer insights by proactively identifying research needs and driving research agenda based on business priorities (e.g., new products, pricing/packaging, offer, shopper insights).
- Collaborate on quantitative and qualitative research to build a deep and nuanced understanding of our current and future customers.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in mattersof significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent.
- Generally requires 8-11 years related experience.
- Top tier MBA is preferred.
- Background in strategy consulting, product management, business development, venture capital/private equity, or corporate strategy.
- Demonstrated experience developing large scale, complex business cases.
- Ability to derive strategic insights in the face of complex and often incomplete information.
- Ability to collaborate with multiple stakeholders, while prioritizing tasks efficiently.
- Deep interest and understanding of consumer tech products and product lines.
- Experience planning and conducting qualitative and quantitative research studies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-starter with ability to quickly grasp complex subject matter.
- Ability to travel approximately 10%-25% of time.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer