Comcast Sr. Manager, Security Architecture in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast's Technology & Product organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating apps like TVGo to new features such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards.
Responsible for managing the daily and overall work processes for the practical development of security architectures, standards, threat modeling and design patterns. Manages a team of architects who are responsible for providing consultancy to development teams, conducting Threat Models, developing standards, reference architectures and design patterns. Ensures all work processes are efficient and consistent in their daily application. Identifies flaws in the work process and enacts solutions. Coordinates work between multi-discipline teams to identify and develop new secure architectures that meet the needs of the business, provide best security practices and innovate solutions for the best possible customer experience.
- Lead the development and growth of large-scale security architectures for the Comcast's product and enterprise portfolio
- Drive teams to consensus on designs patterns, reference architectures, best practices and standards to assist the development of products
- Continuous evolution for Threat Modeling to identify security gaps and design flaws
- Manage security architecture staff
- Provide expertise and security requirements to colleagues across the company who are building platform, infrastructure, and database applications and frameworks
- Represent Comcast security in building long-term roadmaps for security products and services
- Lead the team in developing patents for new security technologies and architectures where possible
- Lead the team in codifying and open sourcing new security libraries and tools where possible
- Works with development teams to understand security challenges they are facing and provide solutions that are both easily implementable, secure and customer friendly
- Able to create detailed designs
- Skills include being a wiz at powerpoint, confluence pages, visio diagrams, white papers and Jira or ServiceNow.
- Provides reporting on project and program support
- Develops engineering and operational objectives
- Contributes to functional security strategy
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Education Level: Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
Field of Study: Engineering, Computer Science, Cyber Security, Information Technology
Certifications: CISSP, SANS, CISA, CISM
Years of Experience: Generally requires 8-11 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer