Comcast Sr. Manager, Release Management in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Xfinity Mobile Sr. Release Manager would ensure the successful delivery of changes and releases to Xfinity Mobile Production (& Pre-Production) environments. The Release Manager is responsible for the change, release and production environment management process as well as integrated process design, optimization and strategy.
They would anchor the day-to-day operations of the Xfinity Mobile Change and Release management, working alongside geo-distributed teams to effect deployments, post deployment validation & logical conclusion of Release windows.
The Sr. Release Manager will be responsible for leading a team in daily change and release management operations, including directing targeted areas of process improvements and executing on the technology strategy for Xfinity Mobile.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Technology Stack / Process Experience
- Deep Experience (at least 2 years) in Software Release Management Planning, Change Approval Processes, Knowledge of QA/Certification checks & Deployment Processes
- Experience in independently anchoring Change and Release Management windows, coordinating with Deployment/DevOps, Delivery, QA teams
- Experience in handling adhoc releases based on business-critical needs, making release rollback decisions based on health/challenges encountered during release windows
- Experience in anchoring/organizing Release management Calls with multiple stakeholders including Senior Leadership, Product Owners, QA & Dev Leads, Deployment / Operations leaders
- Experience in creating, monitoring & modifying Change and Release Management Processes-Policies through analysis of current methods
- Experience in Development/Testing of mobile Applications & mobile services for B2C / B2B needs, preferably in Telecom/eCommerce
- Hands-on experience in generating executive & detailed reports for Change-and-Release Management windows
- Knowledge of Change-and-Release Management Processes for n-Tier Architecture (Frontend / Backend-API / Data / 3rd party components) based complex systems
- Well versed with Continuous integration and delivery,Jenkins, Ansibleand otherCDCItechnologies
- Plan, co-ordinate, execute & complete all Production Release windows with minimal service disruption & any unplanned downtimes / service degradation.
- Anchor all activities related to Planned / Unplanned Releases with senior business management to ensure minimal disruption to service delivery
- Active Participation / Anchoring of Change Approval board (CAB) meeting to arrive at release go/no-go decisions
- Work with Release Management, Business-Product-Delivery teams in the creation/modification of SLA's about change and release management processes, procedures.
- Creating, owning and ensuring the maintenance of any associated release or change documentation and processes, including negotiating agreement for these with senior business representatives
- Be available to manage situations in the event escalation is required following changes or releases in Pre-Production / Production environments
- Provide the relevant management information relating to all changes and releases, including detailed trend analysis to show performance
- To engage in continuous service improvement initiatives in order to deliver a more effective, consistent service to the business
- Hold regular change and release performance reviews with business, product & delivery teams to discuss areas of success and areas of concern.
- Completing the relevant minutes to track any actions and feedback
- Work with the L2 DevOps / incident manager and incident management processes to recover services as quickly as possible in the event of a failed, service affecting change
- Define, document and maintain full roles and responsibilities for Change and Release disciplines
- Implement KPI metrics for measuring overall and individual success rates, and provide reports based on output
- Challenging stakeholder teams during planning to ensure the best possible agreement is reached and the appropriate plans are in place for smooth delivery and deployment
- Undertake any other relevant tasks, determined required by the Release Management leadership team
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work off regular hours and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Skills and expertise:
- Hands-on experience as a Software / Product Release Lead.
- Experience with defining, monitoring, tracking, reporting & addressing challenges during Change and Release Management windows.
- Experience in working with diverse, multi-discipline teams spread across geos. Mandatory to have worked in an environment that had distributed Development teams Engineers, Product Owners, Scrum Masters, QA teams & L2/DevOps groups to accomplish overall project goals.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Education Qualification & Work Experience Criteria:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (Computer Science or IT or equivalent technical discipline)
- Minimum 11 Years of experience in an IT or product development or telecom or equivalent work environment, with 2 years in Release Management function.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer