Comcast Sr. Manager, Product Strategy & Management - Xfinity Home Wholesale in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Who We Are
At Comcast, we are innovators and leaders, shaping the future at the intersection of media technology. We invent groundbreaking technology, create extraordinary entertainment experiences for millions every day, and take great care of our customers, their families and guests. The diverse talents of our people have propelled us to a Fortune 40 industry leader. And it's an exciting time to join our team. We are looking for people that share our passion for innovation and our customers those who are ready to make big things happen and to connect our customers to exciting products, services and to the moments that matter most in their lives.
We are committed to delivering amazing products and a customer experience that people love and trust. We lead with game-changing technology, and in every interaction, are focused on respecting our customers' time and fitting seamlessly into their lives. Our teammates go the extra mile to make sure our customers are satisfied and can't imagine going anywhere else.
Driving Innovation to Deliver Awesome
As a leader of connected experiences, Xfinity Services is re-envisioning the way our 29 million residential customers are connecting to the products they love the most. We leverage our expertise to create unparalleled products and services that fuel discovery for everyday enjoyment. From the award-winning Xfinity Voice Remote to the Xfinity X1 video platform, the Xfinity Services organization works to drive the strategy, development, and deployment of our next generation suite of products for our home, internet, TV, and voice businesses.
Xfinity Home's mission is to drive mass market adoption of smart home automation and home security to customers both within Comcast's footprint and outside of our footprint by partnering with service providers globally.
The Xfinity Home Wholesale team, which manages the business-to-business channel, is integrated into functional teams within of Xfinity Home. The Product Strategy and Management team is responsible for creating the business strategies for Xfinity Home's next era of growth as well as championing these initiatives cross functionally to leverage Comcast's scale, resources, and capital.
The Sr. Manager, Product Strategy and Management for Xfinity Home Wholesale will assess the market and competitive landscape, identify market and product opportunities, develop business cases, and ultimately guide our product development, business operations, and marketing and sales teams in launching new products and services for our wholesale customers. This person will partner with the Product Strategy and Management team for core Xfinity Home business as well as with cross functional partners in our Technology & Product Experience (R&D) and Comcast Technology Solutions (Syndication) organizations.
- Strategically evaluate current product portfolio and roadmap, assess new opportunities, evolve our product strategy, and guide both short and long-term planning.
- Develop robust business cases to guide the direction and prioritization of the roadmap.
- Analyze the financial and customer impact of the products within the larger scope of the company's revenue and cost targets.
- Translate the assumptions of the business case into requirements to guide R&D in their product design.
- Collaborate with leadership in product development, business operations, marketing, sales and more broadly across the company to achieve our mission and strategy.
- Monitor the broader market, while leveraging competitive insights to guide strategy development, particularly in emerging connected home markets (e.g. Europe).
- Participate in product modification, cost reduction, margin analysis, product positioning, and pricing strategies.
- Drive unique customer insights by proactively identifying research needs and driving research agenda based on business priorities (e.g., new products, pricing, offer, shopper insights).
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative research to build a deep and nuanced understanding of our current and future wholesale customers.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent.
- MBA / masters equivalent a plus with at least 8 years of overall experience preferred.
- Generally requires 8-11 years of related experience.
- Background in strategy consulting, product management, business development, venture capital/private equity, or corporate strategy.
- Demonstrated experience developing large scale, complex business cases.
- Ability to derive strategic insights in the face of complex and often incomplete information.
- Ability to collaborate with multiple stakeholders, while prioritizing tasks efficiently.
- Deep interest and understanding of consumer tech products and product lines.
- Experience planning and conducting qualitative and quantitative research studies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-starter with ability to quickly grasp complex subject matter.
- Ability to travel approximately 10%-25% of time.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer