Comcast Sr. Manager, Pricing in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
*This role has has location flexibility and can sit in either Philadelphia, PA or Denver, CO.*
In this role, the Sr. Pricing Manager is responsible for providing insights to management in finance & marketing to make pricing decisions for all of Comcast Business. The candidate will model pricing projects, including ROI and financial margin analysis and support all sales channels in pricing decisions across all Comcast markets.
We are looking for a resourceful professional who is comfortable collaborating with directors and peers across the company. In this role, the candidate will facilitate the use of business analysis by serving as a resource on gathering data and producing reports and insights meant to provide business leaders with ongoing actionable recommendations. The candidate will also help business units establish their own capabilities and expertise to manage and maintain their business data needs. Lastly, this role requires an understanding of marketing strategy, operational processes, and the ability to properly communicate, prioritize, and escalate when needed. Success in this role requires a candidate to talk to others in the organization several times a day. The candidate should have a high desire in collaborative work as opposed to individual work.
- Ability to work with business intelligence teams to gather and analyze data in order to produce insights.
- Produce fact based, data-driven reporting and recommendations and providing those reports and recommendations to directors and peers across the organization.
- Ability to monitor competitive pricing via relationships with competitive intelligence vendors.
- Consult with various internal organizations who also participate in the pricing process (i.e. Marketing, Product Management, Finance, Billing, Sales Operations, Marketing Operations).
- Lead cross-departmental projects with these internal organizations to create winning pricing and renewal strategies to increase sales close rate, increase revenue, and reduce customer churn.
- Assist marketing operations teams in resolving implementation issues, and billing issues as they arise.
- Interface with IT for pricing related data needs.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Business / Math / Engineering or related field.
- Generally requires 8-11 years related experience.
- 2 years' experience in a business analysis & strategy or management consulting role.
- Must possess superior computer skills, with expert-level proficiency in Microsoft Excel, including the ability to develop and maintain complex spreadsheets for internal financial applications.
- Expertise in database software such as Tableau, SPSS, R or other advanced data modeling tools which utilize SQL.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Comfortability in communicating frequently with peers and directors across the company.
- Telecom industry experience.
- Pricing, Revenue Management, or Yield Management experience.
- Experience working in support of a large, national sales force.
- MBA or Master's degree from a highly rated university.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer