Comcast Sr. Manager, Planning, Forecasting & Inventory Management in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
The Senior Manager-Planning and Forecasting & Inventory Management will manage the organization's forecast planning based on product demand, inventory levels, supply channel lead times, and product lifecycle. Gather and evaluates data to guarantee the best product allocation at the most efficient cost. May work with suppliers and 3PL vendors to determine optimal inventory levels.
The successful candidate underpins his/her leadership with a continual focus on driving out cost / improving efficiency and thereby improving the margin of the business overall. A strong analytical & data mindset is essential for this position.
- Forecast the demand for all devices across all channels to drive supply chain activities.
- Consult with functional teams such as sales, marketing, operations, finance, customer care and product development to obtain relevant data insights on demand.
- Responsible for ongoing and timely forecast to PO processes, including rolling forecasts with OEMs, WOS analysis and KPIs, and on-time delivery into 3PL.
- Drive cross-functional collaboration to influence the demand on the supply chain to prioritize demand for order fulfillment based on business objectives and customer segmentation.
- Participate as the demand representative in an organization's sales and operations planning process, to enable demand-supply balancing analysis.
- Confer with management on demand planning and forecasting assumptions, analysis, and decisions.
- Prepare reports and statistics related to the demand planning and forecasting function.
- Manage forecast models, analyze trends, manage forecast tools, and maintain accurate data.
- Develop and measure key performance indicators to track and evaluate forecast performance, to assist in assessing the effectiveness of the demand planning and forecasting functions, and to work towards the continuous improvement.
- Develop, implement and use tools and technology for managing and analyzing the forecast.
- Lead weekly CPFR calls with all OEMS and 3PLs.
- Create and maintain documentation and standard operating procedures for demand planning processes and systems.
- Measure forecast accuracy and determine Root Cause Analysis behind the variances as well as communicate and take corrective action.
- Perform and/or direct day to day administrative tasks.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and convincingly with all areas of the company technical and non-technical-as well as with external parties, using market data and detailed specifics about your products to ensure successful.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent.
- Generally requires 8-11 years related experience.
- 5-10 years of demand planning experience preferably within telecommunications industry.
- Strong knowledge of Supply Chain Planning and Sales and Operations Planning.
- Advance knowledge of Excel, databases, and other analytical tools.
- Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain Management, Engineering, Computer Science or related field. Masters Degree a plus.
- Intelligence, integrity, domain knowledge, and verbal agility that allows you to earn the trust of business and technical teams across the company.
- Excellent operational and managerial skills required, with a proven track record of successful management of complex logistics, supply chain, & operations.
- Strong understanding of telecommunications industry and its supply chain.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer