Comcast Sr. Manager, NCO Communications in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world’s best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for individual contribution to the National Customer Operations Communications team in driving frontline communications for Comcast phone, chat, social and retail agents within internal and external tools. Interacts with senior executives. Works with little guidance in own area of knowledge.
- Writes, reviews and edits content of communications materials to ensure content meets established communications standards, guidelines, and appropriate messaging before publication.
- Leads communications meetings with project leaders to assess scope of communications needs.
- Develop communications plans for specific projects including measurement of the communication plan.
- Manage national communications projects and initiatives.
- Develop collaborative and productive partnerships with leaders and subject matter experts, Employee Communicators at all levels in Comcast, develop effective content and to ensure communications are disseminated at all levels throughout the operations organization.
- Publishes content in knowledge management system and other tools.
- Maintains user feedback reporting systems and provides actionable insight to ensure optimal communications performance.
- Writes and reviews communications ensuring that they are fresh, creative, and engaging.
- Manages the organization, documentation, and publication of all customer-impacting content and communications.
- Coordinates with content providers in the design and development of job aids, learning tools, and other communications to enhance user effectiveness.
- Maintains existing documentation to ensure accuracy and relevance.
- Participates in activities designed to improve customer satisfaction and business performance.
-Develops and creates front-line employee communications, tools and tactics to support key business objectives, goals and projects.
- Works directly with individual systems and functional areas to build awareness and use of corporate communications vehicles.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Create frontline facing communications in support of new products, employee programs, billing initiatives, and other ad hoc requests.
- Work with various teams, including internal and external Communications, Product Development, Training & Development, Field Communications, Marketing, Legal, Public Relations, along with senior management to develop communications.
- Write and edit communications documents and develop communications plans and materials-fact sheets, product overviews, job aids, talking points, etc -related to Comcast's product story.
- Provide support for other communications efforts, including customer facing communications, as needed.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent preferred.
- Years Experience: Generally requires 5-7 years related experience
- Field of study: Communications, Journalism, Business Writing
- Experience in developing proactive, creative internal communications with the ability to translate complex operational terminology into laymen's terms.
- A savvy, smart, efficient, fast-working, results-oriented creative professional with good intuition for communications and issues.
- Excellent verbal communications and interpersonal skills.
- A 24/7 professional capable of juggling projects, which may on occasion include nights/or weekends.
- Strong professional demeanor and comfort interacting with senior executives across the organization and external contacts
- Strong writing, formatting and proofreading skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work within a deadline-driven environment
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Proficiency in Graphic Design applications (Photoshop, Illustrator, In Design, etc) desired, but not required
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer