Comcast Sr Manager, Internal Communications, CX in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
The Sr. Manager, Internal Communications, Customer Experience develops and executes employee-centric communications initiatives and content in support of business strategies focused on improving customer experience and driving employee engagement in ways that reinforce ongoing culture change.
The position reports to a Sr. Director and collaborates with other leaders and peers on the team to provide employee communications counsel and strategy to key business leaders, including Senior Executives, on their employee engagement objectives, and to develop and manage communications and content targeted to all employees. The role partners with communications teams across the company to help integrate communication strategies enterprise-wide. This job is an individual contributor role that does not have direct responsibility or supervision of staff.
The ideal candidate achieves success through strategic business acumen and planning; exceptional written and verbal communications; unique, creative, and streamlined communication approaches; an eye for detail and organization that ensures flawless execution; the ability to work with new technologies and new ideas; champions strategies and tactics that drive employee engagement; and the ability to inspire confidence, manage through influence, and build strong, trusting relationships.
- Partners with senior management and cross-functional groups to support key business objectives, projects, and long-term goals tied to the company's customer experience transformation.
- Develops and executes strategic employee-centric communications programs, initiatives, and content that drive employee engagement and reinforce ongoing culture change.
- Develops rich, relevant content; keeps communications fresh, creative, and engaging; regularly develops and explores new ideas and strategies.
- Writes and edits leadership communications, Intranet content, digital signage, FAQs, Talking Points, videos, etc.; writes effectively and with appropriate tone for internal audiences.
- Project manages and executes employee events and activities, and ensures communication initiatives and programs are flawlessly implemented and executed.
- Supports communications tied to national change management programs and initiatives.
- Partners with HQ, Division, Region, Business Unit, and Functional Communicators to ensure companywide alignment and the timely and effective dissemination of customer experience messaging and materials to employees.
- As necessary, acts as liaison to Senior Executives and Leaders to ensure awareness of employee-facing communications strategies, plans, tools and resources, etc.
- Strengthens and develops new strategies with the use of data and analytics to assess the effectiveness of our customer experience communications and employee engagement efforts. Utilizes results to refine and improve ongoing tactics and/or to identify opportunities to implement new communications methodologies.
- Maintains, organizes, and updates shared document repositories for Team's quick and timely reference.
- -Manages consultants/contracted resources as needed, including graphic designers, creative agencies, event planning firms, etc.
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent; business, communications, or journalism preferred
- Generally requires 7 years related experience, preferably relevant internal and/or external communications experience
- Superior oral and written communication skills
- Self-starter; self-motivated with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and projects and flexibly adapt to changes in our operations/operational environment
- Excellent customer service orientation and problem-solving/negotiation skills
- History of proven collaboration, facilitative skills and business partnerships at all organizational levels a plus
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently against tight timelines without sacrificing attention to detail
- Ability to write quickly; distilling complex concepts into key messages is critical in a fast-paced environment
- Can manage and edit communication messages and tailor as needed for various audiences
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience in or with change management as well as the Net Promoter System a plus
- Graphic design and video production experience is highly desirable
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer