Comcast Sr. Manager, Engineering Ops in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast's Technology & Product organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating apps like TVGo to new features such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards.
The Senior Manager Operations is responsible for management a Network Operations Center for enterprise applications. Responsible for standing up a fully staffed NOC, including the development of process and procedures, monitoring dashboards, and ITIL based metrics. Develops the technical talent required to support the NOC. Requires a flexible work schedule, which includes occasional work during employee's shift schedules. Responsible for the proactive and continuous monitoring, Level 1 troubleshooting for applications and services across 24x7x365 environment.
- Take responsibility for the day to day operation of the team, providing overall guidance and supervision Maintain and monitor required staffing levels and schedule to ensure that the team can meet the demand and respond in a timely manner
- Develops and leads a world-class team focused on best-in-class reliability engineering and operations methodologies
- Fosters and encourages a culture of clear and precise communication, continuous improvement, and employee engagement
- Challenges existing methods and drives new paradigms
- Provides both strategic leadership for the organization, as well as hands-on tactical daily leadership
- Develops strong working partnerships built on responsiveness and mutual accountability, with leaders inside and outside of the organization
- Sets monthly/quarterly goals and objectives and ensures resources are efficiently aligned to organizational goals and objectives
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
- Engineering, Computer Science
- Generally requires 8-11 years related experience
- Eight years prior NOC experience
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, with ability to articulate complex emergent situations clearly and plainly
- Ability to establish rapport, credibility, and influence in a highly cross-functional, matrixed organization
- Entrepreneurial attitude and ability to drive best practice innovation
- Highly collaborative with a strong work ethic
- Self-disciplined, self-motivated and the ability to organize and prioritize time effectively.
- Embraces challenges, displays strong creative flexibility
- Bachelor's degree with qualifications in computer science, electrical engineering, telecommunication engineering and information technology and related fields.Familiarity with Site Reliability Engineering (SRE)
- Familiarity with ITIL and/or eTOM frameworks
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer