Comcast Sr. Manager, Customer Data Analytics in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for transforming large, complex data into consumable business databases and applications for self-service analytics and reporting. Create system architecture, design, and specification using in-depth engineering skills and knowledge to solve difficult development problems and achieve engineering goals. Determine and source appropriate data for a given analysis. Work with data modelers/analysts to understand the business problems they are trying to solve then create or augment data assets to feed their analysis. Has in-depth experience, knowledge and skills in own discipline. Acts as technical data resource for business analysts and team lead to understand, manage and communicate team performance to leadership and across the organization.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Assesses current reporting capabilities, and makes recommendations for improvement.
- Preemptively recognize and resolve technical issues utilizing knowledge of policies and processes.
- Optimize data sources and processing rules to ensure appropriate data quality of all products utilizing trouble-shooting, design, and development skills along with cross systems technical knowledge.
- Acts as a subject matter expert in one or more technical areas; such as data architecture, data engineering or data manipulation within big data systems like Hadoop and SQL.
- Evaluates all major system modifications and development requests to determine potential benefits and impact on business and information system operations.
- Determines appropriateness of data for storage and optimum storage organization. Determines how tables relate to each other and how fields interact within the tables to develop relational models.-Collaborates with technology and platform management partners to optimize data sourcing and processing rules to ensure appropriate data quality.
- Understands the needs of non-technical internal application users, and maintains strong support relationships with managers, leads, and end-users community in all business areas.
Required knowledge, skills and experience:
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent Field of Study: Engineering, Computer Science
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- 3 years of experience building large scale big data applications
- Strong understanding of database structure, design, query languages (e.g. SQL/Oracle), fundamentals of data warehousing, fundamentals of data modeling
- Experience with big data and large database mining tools a plus (e.g., Hadoop, Hive, Spark, R, etc.)
- Experience with BI and visualization tools such as Tableau, Cognos, OBIEE, SSRS
- Ability to understand, manage, and navigate large data sets
- Good understanding of high-level product architecture and data flow patterns
- Experience in the telecom industry or knowledge of OSS/BSS a plus
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer