Comcast Sr. Manager, Business Development, Strategic Development in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
The Sr. Manager is responsible for evaluating and managing new strategic business opportunities, initiatives, mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, alliances and/or joint ventures. Oversees market analysis, monitors competitive activity, and identifies customer needs. Provides leadership in the planning, designing, due diligence, and implementing of strategic business objectives. Develops financial and operational objectives. Ensures operational plans are aligned with business objectives. Contributes to functional strategy development. Has a greater degree of impact on business results, and typically manages one or more groups of professional employees.
- Defines vision, strategies, and tactics.
- Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
- Helps manage department priorities and serves as liaison to industry associations.
- Serves as corporate contact, representative and spokesperson in dealings with company strategy plans, agreements and sales and profits.
- Designs and manages partner programs, including responding to requests from potential partners, evaluating partnership opportunities and concluding partnership deals.
- Identifies, analyzes and develops market.
- Performs financial analyses and supports other analysis and business planning as necessary.
- Maintains and manages the company's portfolio with the objective of maximizing resources and driving sustainable revenue models.
- Works with Legal Department to negotiate and close licensing and revenue sharing agreements.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent in Business, Economics or related degree
- Generally requires 8-11 years related experience
- Demonstrated strong finance and modeling skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Flexibility with work schedule and travel as needed (""<10%)
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary
- TMT (Tech, Media, Telecom) background and/or experience is a plus
- Prior management consulting, Private Equity, or Investment Banking
- M&A/Partnerships, evaluating and launching new businesses
- Experience leading and working in cross-functional teams
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer