Comcast Sr. Engineer, Data Engineering & Apps in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Comcast shapes the future at the intersection of media and technology. We create world-class experiences that people love and trust and drive innovation that builds value. We bring millions TV, Internet, entertainment, sports and news, communications and home management, theme parks, television and movies. Comcast brings to life the best of what's to come.
Are you a Data Engineer that loves working with very large data sets? Are you skilled in using SQL, Hive, or Python to integrate large data sets into meaningful assets that can be used by the business for analytics? If you answered yes to any of the questions above, please read on!
The Comcast Enterprise Business Intelligence team needs Data Engineers to help us architect and build robust data solutions that can be used by the Data Science & Analytics teams, as well as, analysts throughout the business. The role requires you to collaborate with both technical and non-technical folks so, unfortunately you won't be able to speak techie all the time. However, you will be involved in a variety of projects allowing you to grow your knowledge and skills beyond what you thought was possible.
We spend a lot of time and effort architecting, building, and automating our solutions so, hopefully it's no surprise that we take data quality very seriously! We'll ask you to use your Jedi engineering skills on data quality efforts from time to time. It's fun and a great way to learn our data!
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Transforming large, complex data into business assets that serve both the Enterprise Business Intelligence team and analysts throughout the organization
- Providing appropriate data for a given analysis. This would require you to work with data modelers/analysts to understand the business problems they are trying to solve and create or augment data assets to feed their analysis.
- Explore and recommend innovative solutions to complex problems. How cool is that?
- Ensure our data assets meet our data quality standards. It's important!
- Have fun in a fast paced energetic environment
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 3 years of relevant employment experience
- Teradata experience preferred. We're looking for power users not administrators
- Strong SQL, we mean REALLY strong. We want you to be excited about SQL scripts that are hundreds of lines
- Experience transforming large datasets into consumable assets for self-service analytics and reporting
- Experience designing, implementing and supporting Data Marts
- Must be familiar with Linux systems, including basic shell scripting
- Design, develop, and maintain data aggregation, summarization jobs (i.e. automation)
- Experience with DevOps processes and principles
- You need to be flexible to changing priorities and comfortable in a fast paced dynamic environment
- Knowledge of Amdocs and/or CSG billing systems a plus
- Good generalist experience is a plus, ideally working with all layers in the technology stack. If you're "good" in various technologies, we should talk.
WHAT YOU GET:
- An opportunity to work with an excellent and exciting engineering team
- A fantastic work environment
- An awesome boss and mentor
- Work on challenging projects
- Learn new stuff
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Early exposure to new Comcast products and services
What are you waiting for? Interviews are occurring immediately, don't miss out on this incredible opportunity!
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer