Comcast Sr. Director, WAN Operations in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast Business offers technology solutions ranging from Ethernet, internet, and WiFi connectivity to voice, television, and managed Enterprise solutions to power businesses of all sizes to perform better. From small businesses to mid-market and large Enterprise organizations, Comcast Business serves business customers across the country. Powered by an advanced, Gig-speed network and backed by 24/7 technical support, Comcast Business is one of the largest contributors to the growth of Comcast Cable. The organization is the nation's largest cable provider to small and mid-size businesses and has emerged as a force in the Enterprise market, recognized by leading industry associations as one of the fastest growing provider of Ethernet services.
The Sr. Director of WAN Operations is primarily responsible for the delivery of access services to our Enterprise Solutions customers. Leading a Leading a geographically diverse team of FTE and contactors that consists of both front line and managerial talent, this person drives efficient operational execution with maximum velocity from the time of order entry through to the complete installation of broadband services. Broadband services are delivered both within the Comcast footprint via the Comcast network infrastructure and outside the Comcast footprint through strategic partnerships with dozens of off net providers. Technologies delivered include cable broadband, DSL, Ethernet, Satellite, Wireless, Cellular and various Voice services.
- Achieve monthly, quarterly and annual installation targets
- Achieve KPI targets related to time to install and quality/defects
- Utilize statistical analysis and knowledge of industry metrics to create, or evolve a KPI metrics system
- Create and maintain a constructive, positive and inclusive working environment that is reflected in eNPS scores vs expected net promoter targets
- Sustain and evolve a culture of continuous improvement where tangible improvement efforts are aligned with key operational issues or areas of opportunity
- Develops and maintains a strong vendor management approach for all contracted labor partners, including off shore partnerships. This includes proper governance, regular scorecard reporting & analysis, and daily/weekly/monthly/quarterly performance management.
- Develop and conduct monthly and quarterly operational business reviews for all areas of responsibility that include organizational overviews (structure, changes, eNPS), staffing updates (including attrition and talent acquisition), KPI overview and corrective actions/continuous improvement plans, process improvement plans, and system roadmap updates.
- Develop and maintain strong, productive relationships with partner organizations and key internal stakeholders (Finance, Process, Sales, Systems, PMO, Vendor Management, CSX Team, Training, Talent Acquisition)
- Contribute to systems strategy and evolutionary roadmap that covers 6 to 8 quarters of future activity
- Develop and maintain a strong provider management approach for all off net access providers. This includes proper relationships at all levels of the organization (front line to executive), appropriate escalation procedures and policies, thorough understanding of off-net order entry processes/systemsand performance management approaches that optimize vendor delivery of services to Comcast.
Will be required to analyze root cause of business issues; create corrective actions plans that will span process, systems, technology and people; design action plans to implement required changes; then lead implementation through to expected improved results.
Continual evaluation of employee development. Provides leadership and guidance to managers and all staff.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Must display proper business acumen and communication skills to motivate and connect with front line employees AND Sr. Level Executives.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must understand the impact and importance of leadership and will be expected to act in accordance with the scope of this role.
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
- Advance degree preferred
- Generally requires 12 years experience.
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer